Halogen vs LED, pool lighting

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Burfield
I'm new here
I'm new here

Halogen vs LED, pool lighting

Postby Burfield » Mon 13 Nov, 2006 21:25

Hey all,

Just wondering if someone could help me out. I am getting a new underground fiberglass pool put in and I just wanted to know the pros and cons of the two different lighting systems, and which one you would recommend?

I have been told that LED lights appear to be quite hazy, is this true?

Any help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks in advance!

-Burfield

eSTeC
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby eSTeC » Fri 02 Feb, 2007 13:19

You want to go LED...hands down!! My white fiberglass pool has a ColorLogic LED from Hayward and let me tell you...it will make your pool look mesmerizing at night!

However, they are expensive but will last much longer than a standard bulb light. Actually, I just replaced mine because the controller in the light went bad. The light itself costs $600 plus another $100 for installation (you can do it yourself...it's pretty simple but do some research first). The light comes with a 1 yr. manufacturer's warranty but if you're offered an extended warranty...TAKE IT!! I didn't have that opportuniyty.

The high cost aside, the light is worth every penny. It's amazing the way it looks when it changes colors.

There are cheaper LED's out there but if you want the best, it's the Hayward ColorLogic w/ 12 settings.
Mike in Tampa
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Mike in Tampa » Tue 06 Feb, 2007 08:35

i have that same light and couldnt be happier with it.
Jason B
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Jason B » Thu 31 May, 2007 21:26

Anyone have pics of this color logic installed???

I have a 14x30 rectangle pool with a vinyl liner that is blue. You think this would look good?
Rbbie

Re: Halogen vs LED, pool lighting

Postby Rbbie » Wed 04 Nov, 2015 01:02

Wow!! Prices were so high I never realised.
Nowadays led lights are so affordable and so much brighter too. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”