Someone's littering my pool real bad.

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
sandyman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6 meters long and 3 meters wide, gunite, two-speed pump, cartridge filters.

Someone's littering my pool real bad.

Postby sandyman » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 23:18

This has been happening for quite some time but now things are getting unbearable and I really need some help. We have had this swimming pool for almost 2 years and we have never faced a problem until about 2 weeks back. Every day in the morning the pool is filled with litter like fruit peels, old broken toys, and *spamm* stubs. For the first few days, I used to scoop it out using the net and run the filter to clean it up but now I am really tired because this keeps happening every single day. I have notified the police but to be honest, things hasn't changed much. I thought about looking it up on the internet and I came across a blog that mentioned getting a security camera ( http://www.sleepwellsecurity.ca/blog/po ... ff-season/ ). I don't have any fence around the pool so I am pretty sure that whoever did this had easy access to the pool. I am thinking of keeping watch tonight and see how things turn out. In the meantime, I am thinking of getting a security camera. I don't want anything too expensive just a basic one will do.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Someone's littering my pool real bad.

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 25 Feb, 2017 04:45

That is the most effective way of finding the culprit and deterring any future culprits
Get a high resolution camera
semiretired
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Octagonal 26' Vinyl Inground

Re: Someone's littering my pool real bad.

Postby semiretired » Thu 15 Jun, 2017 12:50

Denniswiseman wrote:That is the most effective way of finding the culprit and deterring any future culprits
Get a high resolution camera

Exactly right. Get a trail camera so you can see who or what is doing the littering in the dark. I'm wondering if you don't have some kind of crazy bird discarding things he finds as he flies over your pool.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”