buying new pool help please someone

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
donkey dawn11

buying new pool help please someone

Postby donkey dawn11 » Wed 22 Feb, 2006 17:41

Thinking about the purchase of a new inground pool dont real know which to get I have been leaning on a fiberglass pool or a grinite pool i have ruled out a liner pool. can someone tell me the best type to get. by the way I have small kids. How about costs? Would like to know the pros and cons thanks

Pool Help

New swimming pool

Postby Pool Help » Thu 23 Feb, 2006 03:54

My preference is a gunite pool. Years down the line you are able to resurface or repair the pool relatively easily.

Fiberglass is not as tolerant to surfacing or repairs, though many find it easier to maintain.

A good fiberglass pool will not give you any problems, but neither will a well-finished gunite pool.

In making the decision, budget is usually one of the key factors.
Poolz

Pool surface

Postby Poolz » Thu 23 Feb, 2006 04:00

See this swimming pool discussion about gunite/ concrete vs. fiberglass.
donkey dawn11

thanks to forum

Postby donkey dawn11 » Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:48

A strong thankyou to all the replys I will keep you informed about the progress and I will carefully look at my options. Thanks again for your responses I feel better about making the decision

thanks from donkey dawn11
Pool Help

Pool surface

Postby Pool Help » Mon 27 Feb, 2006 07:53

Good luck with the new pool and keep us posted of developments.

Once the pool is filled, perhaps we can give you some guidance as to the maintenance of your new pool.
selin56
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Model NO.: SR850-swimming pool spa
Pool Shape: Square
Occasion: Gym, Garden, Playground
Size: Big
Material: Acrylic
Lounge: 3 Persons
Pool Part: 4150mm*2200mm*1300mm
Weight - Dry/Filled: 850kg/ 10250kg
Container Load: 1PC/ 20gp; 2PC/ 40FT
Control System: America Balboa System

Re: buying new pool help please someone

Postby selin56 » Sun 13 Nov, 2016 10:09

yes :D :D :D :D
Huckleberry

Postby Huckleberry » Thu 24 Nov, 2016 00:17

If you are comparing both concrete and fiberglass pool.I think it is better if you opt for fiberglass pools.I have a fiberglass pool and the maintenance is pretty less compared to concrete pools.They require more maintenance and they have to be frequently swept with a pool brush to get rid of the algal growth.Fiberglass pools are pretty safe around kids.We even have build in seats so that I could watch over him whenever he gets out into the pool.Here is an article that gives an accurate comparision between different kinds of swimming pools Fiberglass-Pools-vs-Vinyl-Liner-Pools-vs-Concrete-Pools-An-Honest-Comparison. You could check that out.
sandyman
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6 meters long and 3 meters wide, gunite, two-speed pump, cartridge filters.

Postby sandyman » Thu 23 Feb, 2017 23:03

I agree.
Poonamdpi
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby Poonamdpi » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 02:45

Hello,

According to me, a fiberglass pool is the best type of swimming pool. There are many advantages of fiberglass pool like as:
It has low maintenance cost because the gel coat surface of the fiberglass pool shell is nonporous.
The durability of the fibreglass pool is good because it has no linear and no need to worry about penetrating the pool surface and no need to spend money. It is lifetime pool.
The speed of installation of this pool takes less time it occurs more rapidly 3-5 weeks on average.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 20 Jun, 2017 06:42

One thing to remember with a fibreglass pool is your water table. They can pop out of the ground when emptied if you don't make the correct provision to prevent it
Also the gel coat can be affected by osmosis causing it to blister and break
I speak with experience
azulverde
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: With pool and spa design, our goal is to give you a water element that is tranquil and enjoyable. You will be able to relax in the sun and enjoy the beautiful and functional design we create. For a pool and spa area, we focus on what really matters: how you plan to use the space.

Postby azulverde » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 06:48

Build your pool and pool surround to occupy an area of approx. 25% of the total available area. If you have a large space, infinity pools can heighten the aesthetic appeal of your outdoor. If you have a very small area, you can still have beautiful Jacuzzi pool with fountains.
paulr33
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Fibreglass Salt Water Pool, 45k litres

Postby paulr33 » Mon 15 Jan, 2018 05:27

We've had our pool a year and we went with fibreglass over concrete based on cost difference (about 20k difference AUD), time to install and ease of maintaining fibreglass pool once it is running. My parents have a concrete pool and its a hassle to maintain and clean, ours is much easier being fibreglass (and cheaper for initial install/setup).
pedro12
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby pedro12 » Thu 22 Feb, 2018 02:06

I'm in the process of constructing a new ground pool about 50m from the coast. Any suggestion for me?

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”