Pool floats with sticky film

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
toothfairy65mrm

Postby toothfairy65mrm » Sat 10 Aug, 2013 09:52

Ok, getting ready to close up my pool. I have a 4x24 ft round above ground pool. While removing the rafts, I noticed a very sticky film on top of the rafts, not the bottom. What is the cause of this? Is there a way to remove the film? I know this summer has been the rainiest so could it be from that? I have been fighting the algae due to much rain so I was having a hard time balancing out the chemicals. Thanks for your help!

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Tue 20 Aug, 2013 00:40

Diagnosing this sort of problem over the internet creates its own set of challenges, because as a pool professional, I am not there to see your pool surroundings, weather fluctuations and other variables to give you an accurate answer. Based on what little information provided, here is a list of possibilities as to why your pool toys/rafts have a sticky substance on them.

- the sun UV rays are off-gassing the toy plastic, causing a heat transfer chemical reaction producing the sticky substance
- tree sap in a fine mist form, is settling on your pool toys/rafts
- your gardener sprinkled some new chemical in your lawn, the morning mist with the chemical agents hovered over to the pool and coated the toys/raft.
- you live near an industrial facility that emits an interesting assortment of gasses into the air that settles into your pool and quickly bonds to the plastic toys/rafts
- you live near a farm where crop dusting agents are misting their way to your pool, causing a reaction to the plastic toys/rafts
- the rain in your area qualifies as a certain variety of "acid rain", causing a chemical reaction with the plastic toys/rafts and messing with your pool water chemistry.
- 1:15,000,000 chance you received defective toys/rafts that are decomposing leaving a sticky residue on their outer shell.

Least likely, but worth an honorable mention:
- Extraterrestrial craft wastes are depositing agents on your pool toys/rafts
- the effects of Chemtrails
- A intergalactic plot to interfere with humaniod pool toys/rafts have deposited a sticky substance weapon that is apparently having no effect with humanoids, other than leaving a mess to clean up.
- The Air Force is testing "the new weapon"
- Mars dust from the Rover

Off the top of my head, these are what come to mind. Hope this helps!
Jadajag
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have an in ground pool.

Re: Pool floats with sticky film

Postby Jadajag » Fri 21 Sep, 2018 21:29

My floats are doing the same thing. I have to get new floats every year. Car this problem be fixed?
jenie1809
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I'm planning to build a new and unique swimming pool.

Re: Pool floats with sticky film

Postby jenie1809 » Mon 25 Feb, 2019 13:43

Hey,

I'm planning to build a new swimming pool in a new house and now I want a better swimming pool than my last one was. My last pool was small so floats not available but now I want a unique float, So please suggest me where to find different and unique floats and also help with me to design a unique swimming pool.
Please help me with the best.
Thanks!

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”