Researching Pool Business

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
PutnamPool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14k gallon, vinyl, salt chlorinator, 1.5 hp vsp running 24/7; de filter

Researching Pool Business

Postby PutnamPool » Wed 27 Oct, 2021 20:08

I’m researching the pool industry for a software company and am interested in learning more about how pool pros in cold climates open and close their seasons. I have a pro for my pool that does not put me on an agreement and I think that’s kind of rare in colder climates but not sure.

Able to pay $250 to any provider that could help me out with an informational interview. Not a sales call at all, just trying to learn more about the industry. Thanks for the help!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Researching Pool Business

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 28 Oct, 2021 01:46

Good luck! Ex industry here but not from cold climates. In my 20 years I have found mostly that pool pros are far from professional, unwilling to change their ways even when faced with the evidence there are better ways of doing things, way too much ego to listen.
Try to get hold of Kim Skinner in California, good guy to talk to.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
InfinitePooj
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 6m x 4.2m

Postby InfinitePooj » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 06:57

PutnamPool wrote:I’m researching the pool industry for a software company and am interested in learning more about how pool pros in cold climates open and close their seasons. I have a pro for my pool that does not put me on an agreement and I think that’s kind of rare in colder climates but not sure.

Able to pay $250 to any provider that could help me out with an informational interview. Not a sales call at all, just trying to learn more about the industry. Thanks for the help!

$250 - I dont have the knowledge but I'll take the money
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 13 Jun, 2023 10:19

Sure sign you're American.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
chikara
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby chikara » Tue 12 Mar, 2024 10:00

PutnamPool wrote:I’m researching the pool industry for a software company and am interested in learning more about how pool pros in cold climates open and close their seasons. I have a pro for my pool that does not put me on an agreement and I think that’s kind of rare in colder climates but not sure.

As someone deeply interested in the pool industry, particularly in cold climates, I’ve noticed that most pool professionals have a structured process for opening and closing seasons. They typically winterize pools by lowering water levels and ensuring all pipes are free of water to prevent freeze damage. Come spring, they reverse the process, checking for any winter damage. It’s intriguing that your pool pro doesn’t require a formal agreement; this seems uncommon, as most pros in colder regions use contracts to outline seasonal services. I’m offering $250 for an informational interview with a pool expert to expand my understanding. Your insights would be invaluable, and I assure you, this is purely for research, not sales. Thank you for considering my request.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”