Zeo Lite

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Ellen Lee

Zeo Lite

Postby Ellen Lee » Wed 10 Nov, 2010 10:03

I am wondering about zeo lite filtratoin product. I started researching the best filtration aid for my pool and found the MSDS sheet on the zeo lite product. The health risks listed are quite scary. Not to mention the handling proeedure. However what caught my attention and really suprised me that this product was even on the market for sale is the disposal method. Can anyone tell me if this product has been tested by a organization such as NSF for safe use? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Zeo Lite

Postby chem geek » Wed 10 Nov, 2010 21:08

There are many zeolite products that pass NSF Standard 50 which ensures that they filter at least as well as sand. This page on the NSF site shows all separately sold filtration media that pass NSF Standard 50. This includes Perlite and cellulose fiber for DE filters, recycled glass for sand filters, and Zeobrite® for sand filters. There is also this page for cartridge filters, this page for DE filters and this page for sand filters where many of these sand filters are shown as certified with various zeolite filtration media (in addition to those separately tested).

Note that NSF Standard 50 for filters is mostly about filtration capability and some basic safety. It's not an environmental seal of approval.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”