Vinyl liner color

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
schaetzen
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: block-it system, 11m x 4m, heating by pool heat pump

Vinyl liner color

Postby schaetzen » Mon 21 Feb, 2011 10:58

Hello poolfriends,

we need to change the vinyl liner in our swimming pool and we cannot agree on the colour to use.
Mrs wants black vinyl but the children are afraid of travelling to another dimension if the dive into a black pool.
Mr wants a traditional blue one but Mrs and the children find that too traditional.
The children want white but Mr and Mrs are afraid it will stain too quickly. Can anyone tell us what their experience is any of these colours?
Thak you for your help.

rob101
I'm new here
I'm new here

Vinyl liner color

Postby rob101 » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 19:56

i would think a darker color would help warm the water in early spring and late fall
hkenalty

Vinyl liner color

Postby hkenalty » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 13:22

I have heard that black liners can be dangerous because it is impossible to judge depth since all of the light is being absorbed, with none being reflected. This is especially worrisome if you have young children who may be using your pool. I have never seen a black liner so I cannot confirm this, but thought you would want to know.
Good luck!
s

Vinyl liner color

Postby s » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 12:37

We have had an all black liner for 5 years and it looks great. The water doesnt look black but a beautiful blue green in the sun. We have a salt water pool and love it.
thepoolzone
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: My pool is 18 X 36 inground, vinyl. I have a sand filter that I recently replaced with glass media. Sparkling clear and about 80 degrees today!

Vinyl liner color

Postby thepoolzone » Wed 15 Jun, 2011 23:15

Wow, I've never seen a black liner--sounds cool though!

We have one that is blue with black swirls and a nice boarder at the top. We have some white/grey combos on our site.

I have heard the blue liners make the water look the best! I like the one that looks like a fish tank or a coral reef too! Those are really cool.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you choose!
The Pool Girl!
www.thepoolzone.com
PoolFun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We have a free form swimming pool with a large shallow end. The vinyl liner has recently been replaced and we love it. Now have a salt system as well.

Vinyl liner color

Postby PoolFun » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 07:56

Hi,

We have had a light and now a dark pool liner. We love how the dark blue one looks. However, the downside is that small tiny white specks have now appeared. The liner installer and the rep from Loop Lock both came out to the pool and have told us that the Polaris pool cleaner is at fault. It runs so low to the ground/liner that when it goes over any tiny bump - even the size of a piece of sand - the pool cleaner rubs off some of the color. The Loop Lock rep also used to be a rep for Polaris - he nor the pool company said that any other pool cleaner would be better. So we are now barely running the pool cleaner - just brushing the bottom of our pool. If you'd like to see pictures comparing a light pool liner color to a dark one go there.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”