Pool Safety Cover

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
mkind
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Safety Cover

Postby mkind » Wed 05 Jul, 2006 16:07

We are the new owners of a home with a pool. We have two small children (6 and 2) and need some type of safety cover or fence for our freeform pool.

Any suggestions for a good brand or company (we are in So. Cal)? What questions should we ask? And, finally, how much should we expect to pay for something like this.

Thanks!

Pooltech32
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby Pooltech32 » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 00:02

Well not sure about California but, we use a company called Safety Cover, you want to make sure that the cover can hold alot of weight, also you want it to have a lock or key opening system, turn the key it opens or closes, they run any where form $8-20 thousand here(canada) for the good ones, they are also thermal covers which cuts down on your heating bill.
GL.
PoolFun
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: We have a free form swimming pool with a large shallow end. The vinyl liner has recently been replaced and we love it. Now have a salt system as well.

Pool Safety Cover

Postby PoolFun » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 08:46

We just had a pool safety cover put on last year. In the past these covers needed to be solid - which means you also need to have a water pump to remove any water/melted snow that accumulates on the top.

There are now mesh safety pool covers that allow the water to go through so there is no need for a pump. You can also get mesh pool covers that can block up to 99% of UV light so that algae is not growing all winter.

We have preschool aged grandchildren and love having the pool safety cover on during the winter.

To learn more about what determines if a a pool cover is considered a safety cover ...
poorpoolguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Safety Cover

Postby poorpoolguy » Tue 13 Sep, 2011 14:09

how about aluminum pool enclosure system. The enclosure is built very strong, and also got secured door entry. you can find it easy. I think they are retractable as well, so you can close it in winter, and open it in summer.
gracey
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Safety Cover

Postby gracey » Tue 20 Dec, 2011 04:24

Safety pool covers usually come in two varieties: Mesh and Solid. Both types of safety covers are anchored to a deck with straps that pull the cover taut over the pool; the straps usually attach to stainless steel springs and are anchored to recessed brackets in a deck surface. When the cover is removed, deck brackets that are not already flush with the deck can be screwed down to prevent tripping or toe-stubbing. Because the straps need to be anchored down, mesh covers generally require at least two to three feet of decking all around the pool. There are a variety of deck anchors for all types of decking material including, but not limited to, concrete, brick, asphalt, earth, and wood.
Coupe Faim Puissant
andrrewdamien
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pool Safety Cover

Postby andrrewdamien » Fri 18 May, 2012 09:22

The main purpose of the safety cover is, of course, security. Found that the pool can be an unsupervised child, to maintain the pool cover, you can minimize the risk of accidental drowning pets harm.
paint marker

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”