Intex above ground pool questions

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
jbrawneriii
I'm new here
I'm new here

Intex above ground pool questions

Postby jbrawneriii » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 14:02

Currently I have a 10'x30" round in text easy set pool. My yard slopes down so I leveled the area for the pool. My question pertains to drainage. What's the best way to drain the pool up towards the street so the water runs down the street to the sewer?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Intex above ground pool questions

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 14:17

If you mean that the pool is lower than the street, you will need a sump pump and enough hose to reach the street or if you are backwashing plumb that to the street
jbrawneriii
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: RE: Re: Intex above ground pool questions

Postby jbrawneriii » Sun 02 Jul, 2017 14:44

Denniswiseman wrote:If you mean that the pool is lower than the street, you will need a sump pump and enough hose to reach the street or if you are backwashing plumb that to the street

Yes . pool is lower than street level. Recommend any brands of sump pump?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Intex above ground pool questions

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 03 Jul, 2017 02:01

I'm sorry that I am not in a position to recommend any sump pumps as I don't have one and i'm in the UK. However they are much the same and should be readily available over there
Although layflat tubing is good for straight runs, it doesn't like bends (coming over the top of the pool) as it flattens. A non collapseable pipe would be best for that, then join it to the layflat

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”