Pool Drain Quandry

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
etm
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Drain Quandry

Postby etm » Tue 01 Aug, 2006 21:02

Two years ago I purchased a house with a pool put in back in the early 80s from what I could tell.

My issue is the drain line for this pool was put to the street. I had a new neighbor move in and he has raised hell with me about the de in my pool water. The problem is we both live on the corners and the drain is on the other side of his driveway. And I have other issues with said new neighbor as well.

I decided to research this and I first went to Leslies and they told me that was common. I contacted a pool company who I've worked with and he told me it was common until a few years ago to put a pool drain to the street since the pool is wastewater. He said new pool installs are fed to a p-trap and the main sewer clean out.

I have a hard time believing pool water should be treated like sewage which I know is treated.

I'm cursious about this topic since I spent two hours researching this issue and I can find very few references with this issue in the location I live in. I can find cities around the country and in some cases they don't agree. I've found some citys that indicate pool waste should go in the sewer. And some say don't put the pool water waste into the sewer lines ?

What is the right answer?

Life Is Too Short Without A Pool
1firewire

Backwash

Postby 1firewire » Tue 08 Aug, 2006 19:42

Hello there.The way to dispose of backwash is to the sanitary sewer.where there it can be treated and put back into use.The problem with backwashing into the street is, there is untreated chlorine and pool chemicals wich pose a risk to general public.Good luck and do use a p-trap

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”