opening pool

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
belt1515

opening pool

Postby belt1515 » Fri 13 Apr, 2007 10:42

I am a first time pool owner. I just opened my pool. I cleaned it and did everything by the book. Where I am at right now is the shocking. I shocked the pool with the pump recirculating the water, and in three hours the water level dropped 5 inches. What could possibly be the problem?

all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Fri 13 Apr, 2007 13:44

Where do you live? Did you blow out you lines when you closed it? If so it is probably cause by the plumbinbg being refilled with water.

Postby Guest » Fri 13 Apr, 2007 16:47

I live in Oklahoma. I did fill the lines. I am thinking that the line running to the sewer might be open. The valve on that line wont move and I cant tell if its open or closed. The previous home owner closed the pool himself. Is that something he would have left open after draining the lines and everything else for the winter?
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Mon 16 Apr, 2007 10:20

I do not know why they would have a liner running to the sewer unless they didn't want to run chlorinated water out on the grass. Does the valve have a little thumd looking screw on the top of it? If it does this is a valve lock to secure the valve when it is opened or closed. It may be locked to the open position when the previous owner closed the pool.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”