3m quartz color and colored lights

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
ane442003

Postby ane442003 » Mon 14 May, 2007 18:09

Our pool is being built as I write and we have decided to go with the 3m quartz. I like the med. to dark blue and was considering "smoke"as the color. My hubby wants to have colored lights in the pool, my Q is "will the "smoke" color distort the effects of the colored lights" I welcome all suggestions and opinions

ane442003

Re: 3m quartz color and colored lights

Postby ane442003 » Tue 15 May, 2007 16:26

Does anyone know??????
Our pool is being built as I write and we have decided to go with the 3m quartz. I like the med. to dark blue and was considering "smoke"as the color. My hubby wants to have colored lights in the pool, my Q is "will the "smoke" color distort the effects of the colored lights" I welcome all suggestions and opinions

Let me clarify a bit: supposedly the color of the 3M QUARTZ (plaster?)will determine the color of the water. So if we go with a color quartz such as a smoke gray will the color of the water be distorted when using the "sam" color lights or will the lights stay pretty much true to color when in use in the water?[/u]
geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby geeman » Tue 15 May, 2007 17:37

it is the color of the plaster (med to dark blue) that determines the "color" of your water. the addition of quartz has little or no effect on water color. the color produced by your light may be different than a white plastered pool but again because of the overall plaster color not the fact that there is quartz

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”