Impeller for Pentair Pinnacle

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Gris
I'm new here
I'm new here

Impeller for Pentair Pinnacle

Postby Gris » Sun 22 Sep, 2019 13:48

Hello
New to the forum but really need some help/advise. I am replacing the motor on my pump with the same model as the existing. The motor is a 1hp 220v. I have some wear on the impeller where is nest into the diffuser. Just some grooves. I assume from my existing motor as it died. So I was looking for a replacement impeller and looked up the model number on the existing impeller and it came up for a 1/2 HP motor. It seemed to work fine but my question is Should i replace due to the small grooves? Do I need to replace with one that states is for a 1 HP? What happens with a 1/2 HP impeller on a 1HP motor. TIA

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Impeller for Pentair Pinnacle

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 23 Sep, 2019 02:37

Gris wrote:Hello
New to the forum but really need some help/advise. I am replacing the motor on my pump with the same model as the existing. The motor is a 1hp 220v. I have some wear on the impeller where is nest into the diffuser. Just some grooves. I assume from my existing motor as it died. So I was looking for a replacement impeller and looked up the model number on the existing impeller and it came up for a 1/2 HP motor. It seemed to work fine but my question is Should i replace due to the small grooves? Do I need to replace with one that states is for a 1 HP? What happens with a 1/2 HP impeller on a 1HP motor. TIA

I wouldn't worry about the grooves unless they are really bad and may cause the impeller to break
If the 1/2hp impeller pumps sufficiently I would get an 1/2hp motor as, motors run at the same speed regardless of impeller size
You are spending twice as much on electricity to run you pump

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”