taylor k test kit

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

taylor k test kit

Postby robinixie » Fri 06 Jul, 2007 21:30

hello backglass or chemgeek r u guys there? i would like 2 know what the directions r 4 the chol. readings 1 drop/ 2 drops in the kit r referring to please help.

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: taylor k test kit

Postby Backglass » Fri 06 Jul, 2007 22:03

robinixie wrote:hello backglass or chemgeek r u guys there? i would like 2 know what the directions r 4 the chol. readings 1 drop/ 2 drops in the kit r referring to please help.

Hey! I am not sure which test you are talking about, but with all the taylor tests they refer to "dops" from the various bottle. After filling up the vial to the proper line, you turn the little reagent bottle upside down and put in the required number of drops. Then you cap, invert a few timers, and compare the color.

Which kit number did you buy and which test are you confused about? On my kit the instructions are inside the top lid. ;)
robinixie
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

test kit

Postby robinixie » Fri 06 Jul, 2007 22:15

i have the tay. k 2006
i wanted 2 know what the first step was (on the lid) 1 drop=0.2 or 0.5 chol. so i am confussed what line is the accurate spot to fill water with.
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 08:39

OK, I found your instructions on line (I have the K-2005).

You have two different options, but both will have the same result. I would use the smaller 10ml line as it does use slightly less reagant. It's just saying if you fill to the lower line the 1 drop = .5 in chlorine, the larger sample 1 drop = .2 chlorine.

The bottom line is whichever you find is easier is the way to go.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Sat 07 Jul, 2007 12:57

Specifically, if you fill the tube to the 25 ml mark with pool water, then after adding two dippers of R-0870 powder, then each drop of R-0871 reagent represents 0.2 ppm Free Chlorine, FC (after this clears and you add 5 drops of R-0003 reagent, then each drop represents 0.2 ppm Combined Chlorine, CC). If you fill the tube to the 10 ml mark instead, then each drop represents 0.5 ppm FC (or CC).

In case you have lost the Taylor instructions to the K-2006 kit, they may be found here.

Richard

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”