indoor pool help?

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
healthy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small home lap swim stationary

indoor pool help?

Postby healthy » Mon 14 Feb, 2022 21:19

I installed a above ground 18' x 9' 4500 gallon pool inside a heated room for stationery tether cord swimming.
I was surprised how well it works, meaning I think it is same as lap swimming.
I have sprinkled some chemical shock treatment into the water once in awhile. I have no idea how to service the water. I run the filter maybe a hour per day. I have a full box test kit but have not opened it yet.
I get the feeling indoor water might not be as difficult as out door water.
I can use your advice on water maintenance help.
My pool splashes water out of the corners of the pool. Do you all have any fixes for this ? It is a few inches below top fill line. But swimming creates waves.
Can you offer options for pool water heating ? 4500 gallon.
Thanks

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Re: indoor pool help?

Postby dynamictiger » Thu 17 Mar, 2022 04:35

healthy wrote:I have sprinkled some chemical shock treatment into the water once in awhile. I have no idea how to service the water. I run the filter maybe a hour per day. I have a full box test kit but have not opened it yet.
I get the feeling indoor water might not be as difficult as out door water.
I can use your advice on water maintenance help.

Overall indoor pools are usually easier to look after than outdoor.

Without any equipment details it is difficult to be specific, however generally speaking I think, assuming the use of the pool is cord swimming and no other people using the pool a few hours a day filter time will be okay most of the time. This will be easier if you shower before using the pool.

From the description I am guessing the shock treatment is likely dichlor or similar. Not a great choice and continued use will lead to cyanuric build up with all that entails. Above ground pools are not usually suited to salt chlorination, so perhaps consider once a week tablets with bleach shock once a week. Cyanuric build up will still occur however and bleeding off about 1/3 of the volume twice a year should help. Alternatives in treatment usually require daily addition.

Get friendly with your test kit. In the first few weeks test once a week and before each use, backing down slowly as you learn to manage your pool.

healthy wrote:My pool splashes water out of the corners of the pool. Do you all have any fixes for this ? It is a few inches below top fill line. But swimming creates waves.

Study swimming stroke styles, You tube will help, whist some waves are inevitable it will help somewhat. Other than that consider drainage around the pool for inevitable water.

healthy wrote:Can you offer options for pool water heating ? 4500 gallon.

I think for an indoor pool, I would consider heat pumps.

Hope that helps
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: indoor pool help?

Postby Teapot1 » Thu 17 Mar, 2022 07:54

Adequately sanitised it wont need shocking. Bleeding off water or as I call wasting. This site is about not using chlorine granules or pucks for the most part as you said CYA will rise so just not needed.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”