Help with skimmers

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Help with skimmers

Postby all4him » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 07:35

My pool is going into its second year. My skimmers (2) have a clear plastic cover that has tabs on it that fit into a slot and then turns in a groove on the skimmer below the eck cover. Both covers have a rubber gasket on the edge of them.

When I try to remove the cover they are very hard to turn and line up with the slots to remove. I put a lubricant on the rubber gaskets thinking this would help which it did until I tried to get them off to open the pool. I had to use a board and rubber mallot. After that experience I cleaned the lubricant off of the gaskets which helped a little, but they are still hard to turn.

My questions are this:

1. Since the covers fit into a slot on the skimmer will removing the gasket effect how the skimmer works?

2. If I cannot remove the gaskets for operational reason then what can I do to make the skimmer covers turn easily when I am trying to remove them to empty the baskets?

Thanks for your time and assistance!!

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Help with skimmers

Postby Backglass » Wed 01 Aug, 2007 08:28

all4him wrote:My pool is going into its second year. My skimmers (2) have a clear plastic cover that has tabs on it that fit into a slot and then turns in a groove on the skimmer below the eck cover. Both covers have a rubber gasket on the edge of them.

When I try to remove the cover they are very hard to turn and line up with the slots to remove. I put a lubricant on the rubber gaskets thinking this would help which it did until I tried to get them off to open the pool. I had to use a board and rubber mallot. After that experience I cleaned the lubricant off of the gaskets which helped a little, but they are still hard to turn.

My questions are this:

1. Since the covers fit into a slot on the skimmer will removing the gasket effect how the skimmer works?

2. If I cannot remove the gaskets for operational reason then what can I do to make the skimmer covers turn easily when I am trying to remove them to empty the baskets?

Thanks for your time and assistance!!

I am having deja-vu. Didn't you post the same questions three months ago?
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
all4him
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby all4him » Thu 02 Aug, 2007 06:57

Yes I did under the skimmer section, but did not get much feed back or an answeer to my question.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”