Muskrat tore our inground pool liner all to pieces

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
m.t.

Muskrat tore our inground pool liner all to pieces

Postby m.t. » Thu 01 Nov, 2007 14:23

We live in Ontario Canada, and yesterday discovered a muskrat has torn it totally. We had the winter cover already on, but somehow he got through the flap at the stair area. We took the cover off and what a mess.
So, do we just leave it the way it is till spring when warmer out? There are tears in it right through to the main structure. My husband say we have to leave the water in so the cement won't lift due to a hard winter with frost. Has anyone ever encountered anything like this before. We really need some suggestions, our pool guy is a new owner and still a little green. Please any help would be great

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Tue 13 Nov, 2007 11:22

I would leave the water in for sure, this will prevent any water from popping the pool out of the ground and also prevent any damage to the inside of the pool while being emptied.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”