replaced cool deck / acid wash & tile clean

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
apsyched1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby apsyched1 » Sun 20 Jan, 2008 02:40

I had my cool deck redone & my pool acid washed & the tile cleaned in Dec. $3500 (I am in AZ) The pool plaster is now spotted (looks like dirt stains) & streaked, & it is etched & has blue streaks coming from the pop ups. The tile is still w/ calcium deposts. The deck looks as though it was just repainted.. & not by professionals! There was no attention to detail given on the work of this deck.There are places that are not uniform in paint/color or texture, but thats not my concern.. my concern is the expansion joints. They are all painted over & do not look "clean" or "finished". I had the owner out & he had an excuse for everything I questioned.. he said my pool is old, that's the way they turn out, the material is different than the first time, he thought the guys did a good job, & so on. He said the only way to get it to look new is to demolish it & start again. I had one crack in the deck & it is back. They put something red on it but the crack reappeared within a day & now the red is showing through the top color. I asked if there was anything I could do to make it better.. more finished looking.. If I use a knife to chip off the debris that landed on the strips & then they painted over them, it will show the white underneath. Actually, the paint is already chipping/peeling off the strips. Any suggestions? Thx :)

iggy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: replaced cool deck / acid wash & tile clean

Postby iggy » Sun 20 Jan, 2008 11:34

apsyched1 wrote:I had my cool deck redone & my pool acid washed & the tile cleaned in Dec. $3500 (I am in AZ) The pool plaster is now spotted (looks like dirt stains) & streaked, & it is etched & has blue streaks coming from the pop ups. The tile is still w/ calcium deposts. The deck looks as though it was just repainted.. & not by professionals! There was no attention to detail given on the work of this deck.There are places that are not uniform in paint/color or texture, but thats not my concern.. my concern is the expansion joints. They are all painted over & do not look "clean" or "finished". I had the owner out & he had an excuse for everything I questioned.. he said my pool is old, that's the way they turn out, the material is different than the first time, he thought the guys did a good job, & so on. He said the only way to get it to look new is to demolish it & start again. I had one crack in the deck & it is back. They put something red on it but the crack reappeared within a day & now the red is showing through the top color. I asked if there was anything I could do to make it better.. more finished looking.. If I use a knife to chip off the debris that landed on the strips & then they painted over them, it will show the white underneath. Actually, the paint is already chipping/peeling off the strips. Any suggestions? Thx :)

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'm not an expert but it seems you want answers.
1 The blue stains from the popups may be because they never deluted the acid and it started destroying the popup plastic. Did you watch them do the repairs ? Sounds like you got a bad job. Do they have a contractors lic.? BBB if they are listed? You need some expert to evaluate the issues and to tell you if it was the contractors fault.
Good luck.
Inground Salt pool, 12,000 gal
Jandy CL460 filter and 1 1/2hp sleath pump
Goldline Clorine Generator
Paramount infloor cleaning system
Hayward Cool Logic 2.5 LED Light with 12 program settings
yrthesneakerhead
I'm new here
I'm new here

Replaced cool deck / acid wash & tile clean

Postby yrthesneakerhead » Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:22

Deck Tile provides a special look to your fine-looking residence.Your residency speaks about your standard and status, brand name reliable as well as good in design.If you any any problem regarding Deck Tiles then post here.
Last edited by Larry on Wed 28 Oct, 2009 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spammy-looking link
decktile123
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby decktile123 » Sat 06 Feb, 2010 01:20

Hi everyone.
I need a advice. I am constructing my house. I am very confuse on which kind of material i should use in flooring. I have heard about decktiles is this material really durable?

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”