trying to adjust chem levels need help

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
dirtrider230

trying to adjust chem levels need help

Postby dirtrider230 » Mon 10 Mar, 2008 13:12

O.k checked pool Saturday 35000 gallon. in ground, salt sytem. 0 chlorine readin, PH high, TA 150PPM. Went to Leslie's. They said three bags (1pnd I believe) shock (I put two). 7 cups Muriatic Acid. I put two bags shock and 7 cups acid in. Tested Sunday. Chlorine now off color scale. PH 7.4, TA still 150 PPM. What do i do?

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Mon 10 Mar, 2008 18:03

O.k checked pool Saturday 35000 gallon. in ground, salt sytem. 0 chlorine readin, PH high, TA 150PPM. Went to Leslie's. They said three bags (1pnd I believe) shock (I put two). 7 cups Muriatic Acid. I put two bags shock and 7 cups acid in. Tested Sunday. Chlorine now off color scale. PH 7.4, TA still 150 PPM. What do i do?

You need to have a full set of chemical readings including CYA/conditioner & salt level.

You say you did not have a chlorine reading, this could be do to low CYA or salt levels. I would recommend getting CYA to 60-80 ppm & salt 3200ppm. Then see if generator is producing chlorine which seems like it is not at this time.

I would not worry about the high chlorine reading as it will go down soon enough & once it does retest PH/TA as you could have faulse reading with high chlorine.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”