pool is cloudy - nothing helps

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
emv5

pool is cloudy - nothing helps

Postby emv5 » Tue 27 May, 2008 00:17

i have an old in-ground pool that was resurfaced 3 years ago with diamond brite (?) - everything was great for those 3 years but now the pool is always cloudy and the filter is always clogged with milky blueish stuff, despite multiple checkings of the pH, acidity, chlorine, ets. and proper chemical additions (including pool clarifying) - nothing helps! (its been a couple of weeks now, and the filter is running all the time and being constantly cleaned)
- can the pool surface be deteriorating and coming off??

Pool is cloudy - nothing helps

Postby Guest » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 20:23

get your total alkilinity tested. I ha ve this problem and I get the alkilinity tested and it is low an once
I add quite a few pounds of alkilinity the water clears up.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Pool is cloudy - nothing helps

Postby chem geek » Mon 08 Jun, 2009 21:06

Pool User wrote:get your total alkilinity tested. I ha ve this problem and I get the alkilinity tested and it is low an once
I add quite a few pounds of alkilinity the water clears up.

That doesn't make sense. A combination of high pH, Total Alkalinity (TA) and/or Calcium Hardness (CH) can result in cloudy water and even scaling, but low TA should not result in cloudy water. Your water may have cleared up by coincidence since sufficient chlorine will clear up cloudy water if it is from algae.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”