D.E in pool

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
Bob0815

D.E in pool

Postby Bob0815 » Thu 17 Jul, 2008 17:57

Tonight while my kids where in the pool they noticed what looked like red algee on the bottom of the pool. I had just backwashed the pool 48hrs (D.E) filter, as normal. I am new to D.E (3yrs) and have never had a problem. The D.E filter is the finger type. What I noticed was excessive D.E in the pre-filter, I have never seen this before so, I back washed the pool again and I think a majority of the D.E ended up in the pool. My question is this; will this hurt my pool?? 2nd how do I get it out. Thanks in advance for any help

largepool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby largepool » Thu 07 Aug, 2008 10:38

I had the same issue. Our pool turned green, then went to red while we were on vacation. Found out that we had rust in our water. We put in some metal remover, and the water cleared within a day. We also had DE leaking into our pool at one time. We took our filter apart and found out a screw was missing within the seal and that was causing DE to leak in. Replaced the screw and haven't had a problem since.
RCL

DE Build UP

Postby RCL » Tue 16 Sep, 2008 15:55

you need to take the filter apart and clean the finger nest.....we have had this problem. it only takes a few minutes to clean.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”