Pool Capacities

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
FishhawkGRL
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Semi-Public Pools

Pool Capacities

Postby FishhawkGRL » Tue 24 Mar, 2009 11:18

Hi! I oversee a few pools in here in Florida and I report to a Board. One of the policies I am trying to get passed is a capacity policy. Currently we have none except for the standard People in the Pool but with all of our facilities being gated I am trying to get it changed so that only the amount of people that are able to be in the pool at one should be the same number allowed within the gates. What do you guys thing? Anything that supports your thoughts would be great. I need heavy proof that we need to limit the capacities in our pools.

Thank you in advance for all your help, please help!

Pool Capacities

Postby Guest » Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:22

Hi Fishhawk

According to NY State Dept of Health regulations, bather capacity is calculated as follows:
Engineering Report for Swimming Pool Plans
http://www.clintoncountygov.com/departm ... oh1309.pdf wrote:
Maximum Number of Bathers Permitted to Use Pool at One Time
[(Shallow Area Less Than 5') ÷ 15 + (Deep Area Greater Than 5' Depth - 300 x No. of Diving Boards) ÷ 25]

And these regulations are from Baltimore City Health Dept:
PUBLIC SWIMMING POOLS DESIGN CRITERIA, STANDARDS AND REGULATIONS
http://www.baltimorehealth.org/info/Swi ... pt2007.pdf wrote:
5.1 The bather capacity of a swimming pool at any one time shall be limited to 12 square feet of water surface area per bather in the swimming area on the shallow side of the transition point, and to 20 square feet of water surface area per bather in the swimming area on the deep side of the transition point.
5.2 In computing the bather capacity of the swimming area on the deep side of the transition point, 300 square feet for each diving board shall be excluded from the water surface area on the deep side.
5.3 Diving Area. Three hundred (300) square feet of pool water area around each diving board or platform.
5.4 Pool Enclosure» A minimum of 20 square feet per person based on the allowable bather load shall be provided within'the pool enclosure area exclusive of the pool deck and water areas

There are bound to be local Florida guidelines or legislations.
FishhawkGRL
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Semi-Public Pools

Pool Capacities

Postby FishhawkGRL » Tue 24 Mar, 2009 12:39

Thanks for the reply! I know the capacities for the acutal pools but what I'm trying to figure out is how public and semi-pulbic operators monitor the capacities with in the gates.

I am trying to get my board to pass a cap policy where we can only let in the gates a certain amount of people because we can't control who goes in the pool and doesn't. So any feedback would be great!
KBNSC

Pool Capacities

Postby KBNSC » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 17:28

Hey Fishhawkgrl - did you ever get any other responses to your (human) pool capacity limits? I'm currently searching for the same ...

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”