Browngreen cloudy water

Discussions that do not fit into any of the
swimming pool categories and general topics.
jackzach
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18foot round1hp pump, sand filter

Browngreen cloudy water

Postby jackzach » Mon 18 May, 2009 11:52

I live in manitoba canada I filled my pool from well water that was clear to look at but when filling my pool about 2/3rds full it started looking brown green. i added algeacide and super shock dilluted in a pail with warm water and poured in pool with water from well pump moving water. it has been 3 days i have vacumed 10 or so times kept the pump and filter going to help move water. i could see the bottom (barely) this morning but as soon as i vacumed the water it is completly browngreen again. should i drain pool clean it and start all over with water from the garden hose? please help

abomer

Browngreen cloudy water

Postby abomer » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 19:17

I had a similar problem last year after filling my pool with well water. Well water has metals in it, so it could be rust. Last year my pool went completely brown. I used a metal remover and within days my pool was clear again.
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Browngreen cloudy water

Postby Denali » Wed 03 Jun, 2009 22:07

Hi,

abomer probably has it right. Metals (iron) will cause that problem. It's a good idea to have your well water tested for metals so you know what you're dealing with whenever you add from the well.

Return to “Poolside - General Discussions”