Solar panel operation

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Sacgurl
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground, medium size, Pentair cartridge filters, solar panels heat pool

Solar panel operation

Postby Sacgurl » Sat 28 Jan, 2023 16:31

Thanks for looking at my question. I want to make sure I don’t do damage. When our filter got dirty the solar tubes started sucking air, and the noise bothered me, so mid-day I stopped the solar while waiting a few days for the filter to be cleaned. I think the panels empty at the end of the day, but I stopped it, leaving water in the panels. This was near the end of swim season and when the solar company came out to shut the system down, he noted “remove vacuum breaker and reinstalled.” Did he have to do that because I stopped the solar, or was the vacuum malfunctioning and causing the suck? Your insight is appreciated.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Solar panel operation

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 29 Jan, 2023 02:54

I would assume that would be standard procedure for any company shutting down the solar system
The fact that you had said you drained down, didn't mean it was done properly and he was just dotting his "i'" and crossing his "T"
In the event of frost damage he didn't want to be held responsible
Sacgurl
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground, medium size, Pentair cartridge filters, solar panels heat pool

Re: Solar panel operation

Postby Sacgurl » Sun 29 Jan, 2023 11:03

Thank you for your comments

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”