Solar pool heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
johnatron
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar pool heater

Postby johnatron » Wed 30 Mar, 2011 03:49

Hello, im looking to get a pool this summer and i was looking at alternative heating ideas.
I found the solar coiled roof piping and i also found related videos of solar ovens.
now im wondering if i can put the coiled piping running inside of the solar oven and piped out each side sealed up.
will it get so hot in the oven that the pipes will melt?
could i use a piece of metal pipe somewhere in the line inside of a solar oven to super heat the water?
could the metal pipe i end up using create a poison from the mixing with the chlorine?
your thoughts are appreciated
thanks, John.

poolheater
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15 by 48" round intex with Metal Frame

Solar pool heater

Postby poolheater » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 17:07

just dont buy the new solar heaters, the ones that has a dome with hose wrapped in it. What a joke, they tell you that you need to wait 3-4 days before it will start heating up, and dont expect much cause you will not get nothing like the ones that are flat, 4 by 20, on your roof.
mas985
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Solar pool heater

Postby mas985 » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 17:19

Solar hot water heaters for the home are great at make small amounts of water hot but the object for a pool to make large amounts of water warm. I would stick with the traditional solar panels. They will deliver the most heat transfer per sq-ft than anything else.
Mark
Hydraulics 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Ed 101
18'x36' 20k gallon plaster/gunite pool, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, Solar Panels, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater
Dummy dome user

Solar pool heater

Postby Dummy dome user » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 14:03

Hi Like a dummy I bought a dome solar heater before I read this. If I remove the clear dome cover will I get better heat from it? I just dont want to wreck the black plastic coils.
mas985
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Solar pool heater

Postby mas985 » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 19:53

Probably not. The dome allows for the water to reach higher temperatures but I suspect the area of the panel is too small for a pool.
Mark
Hydraulics 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Ed 101
18'x36' 20k gallon plaster/gunite pool, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, Solar Panels, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater
Dummy Dome User

Solar pool heater

Postby Dummy Dome User » Fri 05 Aug, 2011 05:08

Hmm oh well. You were right I removed the clear cover for a day. The water temp never rose above its normal 22 ° My blue bubble cover hasn't arrived yet. Maybe once that is here it'll keep the heat in during the night. I'ld love to get it to rise just to 24°. Is that asking too much? :?
Julia26
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar pool heater

Postby Julia26 » Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:35

The swimming pool pump already recycle the water through the heater, and heats the entire basin. Fan air moves into the outer evaporator air coil that acts as a heat collector. The coil absorbs heat from the air and convert it to gas. This gas can be pumped into the compressor, which focuses on the fire and make it more effective. This super-heated gas now goes to the condenser heat exchanger, where heat is real.
petronavin
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar pool heater

Postby petronavin » Sat 18 Feb, 2012 14:44

Solar pool heating systems will save you lots of money, and reduce reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

Pool heating is a very good solar application. The systems are simple and relatively inexpensive. Pool systems usually use simple, low cost, unglazed plastic collectors. The pool itself is the thermal storage for the system, and the pump you already use for filtering pool water will also circulate water through the solar collectors. All of this leads to inexpensive systems -- some of the simplest solar pool heating systems cost as little as $100.

Some states offer tax incentives for solar pool heaters solar pool heaters
pintohenry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar pool heater

Postby pintohenry » Mon 27 Feb, 2012 04:45

Hey, Really interesting thread about solar pool heater. I was just surfing net and found this interesting thread. Solar pool heater is the best way to save money and it is a good solar application.
pintohenry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar pool heater

Postby pintohenry » Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:26

I had just completed construction of solar pool and I am here looking for solar pool heater. Please suggest me which is best brand of solar pool heater.
John75

Solar pool heater

Postby John75 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 20:04

Hi Petronavin! Have you checked this guide to swimming pool heaters at www.indoorpoolguide.com/heating-systems
kiwipool

Solar pool heater

Postby kiwipool » Mon 25 Mar, 2013 15:58

Solapac from Sweden or Waterco`s new system

Kiwi Norman email kiwipool@vodafone.net.nz :)

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”