Teledyne laars heater question

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
SH!FT
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby SH!FT » Sat 19 Nov, 2011 18:43

hello all, i have a friend who recently purchased a teledyne laars pool heater that was rated for 250,000. im almost done re-routing the pipes due to an incorrect suggestion to cut the backwash pipe(go figure), but any ways, i have no earthly clue as to how to get it to fire up! we have managed to get the pilot lit but thats about all we can get it to do. we've hooked the gas up, sealed the gas fittings with teflon tape(pink), and primed the pilot, got it lit and then let it sit on the "on" position. then we tried to turn on the on switch by the temp selector and waited to see the other jets catch the flame and light up. still nothing. im almost 100% positive that this particular unit needs some sort of electrical connection but im do not know if my assumptions are correct. could any one help me clear up this rats nest of problems?

this looks to be an older model as well if that helps.

-zack

czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Sat 19 Nov, 2011 21:38

SH!FT wrote:hello all, i have a friend who recently purchased a teledyne laars pool heater that was rated for 250,000. im almost done re-routing the pipes due to an incorrect suggestion to cut the backwash pipe(go figure), but any ways, i have no earthly clue as to how to get it to fire up! we have managed to get the pilot lit but thats about all we can get it to do. we've hooked the gas up, sealed the gas fittings with teflon tape(pink), and primed the pilot, got it lit and then let it sit on the "on" position. then we tried to turn on the on switch by the temp selector and waited to see the other jets catch the flame and light up. still nothing. im almost 100% positive that this particular unit needs some sort of electrical connection but im do not know if my assumptions are correct. could any one help me clear up this rats nest of problems?

this looks to be an older model as well if that helps.

-zack

If he did not purchased it on Craigslist, than gas heater is ALWAYS provided with detailed gas, water and electrical conections. If you do not have this info, you may be helping your friend to build a bomb.
Get a good contractors bond and a flak jacket. :wink:

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”