Heat pump installation

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
syrups
I'm new here
I'm new here

Heat pump installation

Postby syrups » Tue 05 Jul, 2016 01:52

Hello. I am new to the forum so this may be an old question. I have bought a new Calorex heat pump but have been let down by the person who was going to install it. I have been given a quote for the installation from a company but the price seems to be crazy. There is no issue with access or ventilation. Does anyone know roughly how much it ought to cost? And if there is anyone in the Surrey area that could be recommended please? Thanks

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Heat pump installation

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 06 Jul, 2016 08:57

I installed my own heat pump so I don't have a price to install
The first consideration is a decent concrete base to stand it on and connect it into the return line with a bypass and three valves
The valves would be fitted to the heat pump flow and return and bypass. This allows you to close the heat pump valves and open the bypass to cut out the heat pump when not required.
Do make provision to drain down when freezing is probably
You would need an electrician to connect it
Are you in Surrey UK if so you can try asking these people their advicehttp://www.heatpumps4pools.com/
john71
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10000 gallon, 3/4 HP Pump size, 3 sp feet pump

Re: Heat pump installation

Postby john71 » Fri 26 Aug, 2022 00:05

4 years ago ground source heat pump installation cost around $3200. The heat pumps have to go onto an external wall, they can't be installed on an internal one. So its better to put the outside unit on an external wall, just means the wiring will have to either be under the house or in the ceiling space.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”