Trouble with pool heater compressor coming on

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
one4uf
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14x28 in-ground, PebbleTec w/ Jandy Pro Series AquaPure Salt Water Chlorinator and Jandy Pro Series JE Heat Pump.

Trouble with pool heater compressor coming on

Postby one4uf » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 17:13

Good day. We have just completed a build of a new inground pool and I'm having trouble getting the electric heat pump to come on. I have scheduled "pool school" for next week, but have just returned from vacation and, while we were gone, the service company came out and programmed the pump, added the salt chlorinator and left the remote control unit for me. Prior to this, I could turn the heater on manually and all worked fine. I'm trying to heat the pool so the kids can swim tomorrow, but can't get the compressor to come on.

We have all Jandy equipment- Jandy Pro Series Aqua Pure Electronic Salt Water Chlorinator and panel and a Jandy Pro Series JE Heat Pump. The panel is controlled by an AquaLink remote control.

There is power to the heat pump and it says that it is on and the remote t-stat is enabled. It shows the water temp as 65 degrees and the target temp as 85 degrees (this info is flashing on the screen on the heat pump itself). Typically, when I turn it on, it flashes a message that indicates the compressor will be turning on in 4 or 5 minutes. It then counts down and turns on and runs until the desired temp is reached and then cycles off and on to maintain as it should. However, today, the heat pump just flashes the aforementioned message on the screen and says nothing about counting down to come on. On the AquaLink remote, i've selected for the heater to be "On", which switches "Heater" to "On" on the actual panel.

I've cycled the power on and off to the heat pump and even flipped the breaker for the heat pump off and then back on. The pool pump itself is running and I believe I hear and feel water running into and out of the heat pump, however it never comes on. The fan is not running, the compressor is not working.

Any tips on how to get this working? Our pool contractor and the service company are both closed for the weekend and the kids would like to get in tomorrow, so I thought I'd check here.

Obviously something is not talking to something else.

Thanks for any help.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Trouble with pool heater compressor coming on

Postby Teapot » Sun 18 Mar, 2018 13:28

Most of these type of heater issues are flow switch problems. if the heater flow switch isn't activated then nothing switches on.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”