Vidaxl heat exchnagers

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Spedley
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 3.6m circle by 0.9m above ground steel construction (9100L). Set 18" into ground with 1" insulation + 6" concrete/polystyrene mix. 400W pump +12" sand filter. 40KW oil heater.

Re: Vidaxl heat exchnagers

Postby Spedley » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:42

I can confirm that it works well (just in time - an ebay heat exchanger appeared the day after I bought this one and that ends tomorrow).

It cost me about £40 to install so £120 total cost. I've done a 'proper' job after quick testing but it turns out the heat exchanger performs better than expected. I didn't expect the quoted 90KW output unless I put exactly the quoted 67L/m through both heat and pool feeds. In fact, my expectations were quite low. :)

Anyway, I think my hot feed is about 50L/m max and my cold feed is only about 30L/m but my 40KW boiler struggles to get to 50'C (should be 85'C with 65'C return feed)
I'll get it sorted well over the next few days and do a write up on a new thread.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Vidaxl heat exchnagers

Postby Teapot » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 13:45

Great to hear Spedley, look forward to the update :D :D :D

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”