Jandy Lite 2 Limit Switch Replacement

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
richieb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 28 foot above ground. Have a hand me down heater that I have been working on for 2 seasons trying to get going, I feel I have too much invested in the heater to abandon! I am determined to get that fired up

Jandy Lite 2 Limit Switch Replacement

Postby richieb » Sun 01 Nov, 2020 09:25

Hello All - I am still working on getting this heater working and I am very determined! I have the pilot working (previous posts and discussion on that) but the burners still won't fire. I can trace voltage all the way to the limit switches. It seems the limit switches are either faulty or have a short. Looking on youtube for instruction on how to replace them but coming up empty, is it as simple as gripping with a pair of pliers and pulling them out an replacing? I probably have one more week to work on this before I shut it all down for the winter, any advice is appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Jandy Lite 2 Limit Switch Replacement

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 01 Nov, 2020 09:53

Try shorting them out temporary. If it then works order some new ones and see how they are connected
richieb
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 28 foot above ground. Have a hand me down heater that I have been working on for 2 seasons trying to get going, I feel I have too much invested in the heater to abandon! I am determined to get that fired up

Postby richieb » Sun 01 Nov, 2020 10:19

how would I do that? I am guessing you mean bypass but I am not sure of that process, can you advise?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 01 Nov, 2020 10:25

Can you not see the electrical connections to the limit switch. You would just need a short piece of wire to bridge
Some limit switches have a reset button on them and just need pushing in after they have tripped out
richieb
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby richieb » Sun 01 Nov, 2020 10:44

ok thanks I will give that a try.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”