Wood Heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.

Wood Heater

Postby guest » Mon 27 Mar, 2006 12:44

Has anyone have experence with using a wood burining heater.

Pool Helper

Wood burning pool heater

Postby Pool Helper » Mon 27 Mar, 2006 14:20

I've heard people talk about them but never used one myself.

If you get it fired up and keep it going it will heat the water very well. What specifically did you want to know about wood burning pool heaters?

Wood Heater

Postby Guest » Mon 27 Mar, 2006 15:44

Are there any manufacture that stands out. Our pool is just outside the Boston area, so we do have some cool nights.
Pool Helper

Wood pool heater

Postby Pool Helper » Mon 27 Mar, 2006 17:12

I asked a couple of people about this. The guys who use wood for heating systems in their swimming pools use any suitable wood-fired boiler or furnace, according to the heat requirements.

There are apparently no wood heaters made specifically for swimming pools, so try find a reputable heater company you trust and ask them for the run-down on the products that may be the right capacity for your swimming pool.
gretapp
I'm new here
I'm new here

Wood burning Pool heater

Postby gretapp » Sun 30 Apr, 2006 23:06

Hi I live in upstate New York. My husband and I are looking at wood burning pool heaters. We have a mini max propane heater that needs some work and we thought in light of the price of propane it might be a good time to think about replacing it with wood. I'm a bit concerned because we keep our pool HOT, between 94 and 96 degrees. I have rheumatoid arthritis and warm water works wonders! I found a wood fired pool heater company I have'nt contacted them yet because it's to late, but their website is warmwatersolutions(dot)com If anyone else has any other information on wood fired pool heaters, I too would appreciate any info! Thanks and good luck and I'll post any information I come up with, Good Luck! gretappts.
buster

pool heater

Postby buster » Mon 01 May, 2006 02:42

Couldn't find any BBB listing for them. Try their toll-free number.
Paulette

wood burning pool heaters

Postby Paulette » Thu 13 Jul, 2006 20:43

We bought a wood burning pool heater from a company in
Arkansas. The only actual wood burning pool heater. We installed the heater in September, and hauled it to the dump in March, it was a two thousand dollar lesson learned. Oh by the way, we installed a gas propane pool heater in December, and with an inflatable dome was able to swim every day all winter, we live in West Virginia. Also forgot to tell you of the 8 dump trucks loads of wood we burnt. :(
Dennis Olmezer

Heater options

Postby Dennis Olmezer » Fri 14 Jul, 2006 11:43

Feel free to email or call me with your questions

I am aware of a " makeshift" pool water heater that is woodburning

A heatpump is a much better alternative

Please review poolheater and reach me with your questions

I am easily reached at dennis 818

Thank you
Dennis Oldgeezer
President

Celebrating our 198th year
Don

Re: wood burning pool heaters

Postby Don » Wed 03 Sep, 2008 11:15

Paulette wrote:We bought a wood burning pool heater from a company in
Arkansas. The only actual wood burning pool heater. We installed the heater in September, and hauled it to the dump in March, it was a two thousand dollar lesson learned. Oh by the way, we installed a gas propane pool heater in December, and with an inflatable dome was able to swim every day all winter, we live in West Virginia. Also forgot to tell you of the 8 dump trucks loads of wood we burnt. :(

What brand was it? What was the problem with it? Was it just the amount of wood used? Was it undersized?
JohnCount
I'm new here
I'm new here

wood burning pool heaters

Postby JohnCount » Wed 07 Sep, 2011 04:33

Paulette wrote:We bought a wood burning pool heater from a company in

My experience is totally the opposite. We are very happy with our wood pool heater from ExtendaSwim. Ours are a bit oversized but we are swimming in October – November. We haven’t tried to heat the pool in the winter, but I don’t think we can get the water hot enough through the winter. But the rest of the year it’s perfect.
I have a blog about my experience at bestwoodpoolheaters.com
2swimornot

Wood Heater

Postby 2swimornot » Sat 25 Feb, 2012 18:03

Has anyone had good luck with the extenda swim wood burning pool heater? I see it is being sold on ebay.
Joe
John75

Wood Heater

Postby John75 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 20:06

Hi 2swimornot! Have you checked this guide to swimming pool heaters at www.indoorpoolguide.com/heating-systems

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”