home made pool heater

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
1Bob

home made pool heater

Postby 1Bob » Sat 08 Oct, 2011 15:09

1 inch pipe is .730 ID +/- (36 feet/gallon)
1.5 inch pipe is 1.28 ID (12 f/g)
2 inch pipe is 1.65 ID (7 f/g)

The numbers may be off for your particular pipe, but the point is that as far as volume it take 4.5 each of 1 inch pipes to eqaul one 2 inch or 3 each - I inch pipes to equal the volume of a 1.5 inch pipe. When including friction losses one might up it a pipe or two.

I have not built or bought a system yet,

12 X 24 Intex pool

Bob

magnolia41
I'm new here
I'm new here

home made pool heater

Postby magnolia41 » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 00:54

You can search online about some instructions and ideas how and whats the best thing to do about your Pool heater problems. Just have your time to research and I'm assure you that u can fix your problems.
mas985
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

home made pool heater

Postby mas985 » Thu 13 Oct, 2011 12:42

lbridges wrote:For heating you should be more concerned about heat transfer efficiency than flow. Pushing 10gpm through the typical 4X12 foot, in-ground pool style FAFCO panel is less heat efficient than pushing 5GPM through the same panel.

?? Higher flow rates should have better heat transfer efficiency albeit with some diminishing returns.
Mark
Hydraulics 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Ed 101
18'x36' 20k gallon plaster/gunite pool, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge Filter, Solar Panels, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater
jimferguson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: na

home made pool heater

Postby jimferguson » Sat 07 Jan, 2012 03:58

I was looking for this type of information only. I am not experience with home made pool solar. I have two two heater in my home. Both i have brought from market.But now i can also try to make a home made heater to save my money on heater.

heating and cooling Overland Park | Kansas City heating and cooling
diverpico

home made pool heater

Postby diverpico » Sun 08 Jan, 2012 04:00

I am about to construct a pool in Spain... and all of you might say I dont need a heather and your right ...but my wife does so I am exploring the possibility of building my own..
But before I go into the requirement for the tubes and size and all that I want to know is if anyone has ever built a pool from scratch and if so was insulation ever considered... I am considering installing 2" polistyreen foam before the concrete goes on... All pools are constructed of cement here... to prevent the loss of heat through the soil...

The other thing that has me a bit baffeled is that most of you have cut into your pump inlet/outlet to install the heather but since I am building I would like to install independent piping for the sole use of the heather. I am also installing a solar powered pump to move the water in the pipes, so should I take the cold water from the bottom and put the hot in at the top or in the middle both or the cold at the top and the hot at the bottom...

Thank you
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

home made pool heater

Postby czechmate » Wed 11 Jan, 2012 19:13

diverpico wrote:I am about to construct a pool in Spain... and all of you might say I dont need a heather and your right ...but my wife does so I am exploring the possibility of building my own..
But before I go into the requirement for the tubes and size and all that I want to know is if anyone has ever built a pool from scratch and if so was insulation ever considered... I am considering installing 2" polistyreen foam before the concrete goes on... All pools are constructed of cement here... to prevent the loss of heat through the soil...

The other thing that has me a bit baffeled is that most of you have cut into your pump inlet/outlet to install the heather but since I am building I would like to install independent piping for the sole use of the heather. I am also installing a solar powered pump to move the water in the pipes, so should I take the cold water from the bottom and put the hot in at the top or in the middle both or the cold at the top and the hot at the bottom...

Thank you

Trust me, the century old pool industry already has their "pup in the group".
It may be developing new plaster materials, etc., but the basics are given and well justified. Trying to come up with a better or improved mousetrap can only end up in a very costly disaster.
Just to understand, 20 000 gallons of water represent about 80 metric tons. Add 30 cubic yards of concrete to that and picture how the styrofoam will react to it.
The pool shell will settle before you even apply plaster. And of course you will loose all the connecting plumbing. There is a silver lining . You will save the cost of plaster and filling the pool, since you by then realize how stupid this idea was. :wave:
John75

home made pool heater

Postby John75 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 20:12

Hi czachmate! Have you checked this guide to swimming pool heaters
reekleereo
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: home made pool heater

Postby reekleereo » Mon 20 Nov, 2017 01:15

Solar Water Heater, was developed 100 years back. The technology uses sun rays to heat up the water. There are many new technologies that have come up in the market. First one is called Flat Plate Collector and Another type is called Evacuated Tube Collector.
A typical solar water system is a win win case for both environment and for your saving.
SeT will help you get the best solar price for your requirements. Hop into SeT

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”