Heating Costs, Dallas, Hayward Heat Pumps

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
ilovethetropics
I'm new here
I'm new here

Heating Costs, Dallas, Hayward Heat Pumps

Postby ilovethetropics » Tue 03 Feb, 2009 15:55

I own a house in Dallas, TX with a pool. i am considering putting in a pool heater - a heat pump. Does anyone have any experience with heat pumps? specifically, how much does it cost you to heat your pool in the cooler months such as March/April of Sept/Oct? My pool is about 35k gallons.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Hayward heat pumps?

If so i would really appreciate any feedback you could give me.

Thanks!

lonestar
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Postby lonestar » Thu 05 Feb, 2009 15:18

calculations i did a few years ago suggest your heat pump should be about 1/3 of the cost of running a natural gas heater. (in austin at least.)

the more humid it is the better.

ive seen a HW heat pump installed and pumping out fairly hot water in a matter of minutes. Ive not seen any problems with them and for extending the season they are certainly cheaper than gas/propane. The only drawback is that they will do the job less quickly. but maintaining the temp is a breeze.
Jami

Poolheat

Postby Jami » Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:45

We absolutely have experience with heat pumps.... Over 20 years to be exact! With a heat pump you can expect your operational costs to be somewhere between $800.00- $1200.00 per swim year. The variable being your desired pool temperature along with the outside ambient temperature. Another feature that many homeowners consider in TX is the cooling option. Since the summers can be incredibly hot, making the pool water warmer then desired you can purchase a heat pump with a "chiller" in it to cool your pool. nationwidepoolheating.(dot)net/superquiet.htm

As far as brands are considered, AquaCal is commonly known in the industry as the best. They have been in the business of manufacturing heat pumps for over 30 years. Hayward is widely known for their swimming pool equipment (ie- pool pumps and filters) but has only been manufacturing heat pumps for about 5 years. Check out our website and if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us!

Jami Murphy
Director of Operations

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”