Solar panel frame

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
droogie
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar panel frame

Postby droogie » Sun 19 Jul, 2009 19:56

Has anyone built a frame to hold the 20 x 2 solar panels used for heating pools? I just bought a panel and I hooked everything up, trouble it is it laying on the ground which isn't terrible but I know I will have a 20 x 2 patch of dead grass. So I was thinking of building some kind of frame to hold the panel at a similar angle to those seen in all the ads. Maybe out of PVC to reduce weight, but I am not confident I can come up with my own design, I was hoping to find something online...

Michael

pintohenry
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar panel frame

Postby pintohenry » Tue 28 Feb, 2012 05:39

Solar panel is the best way to generate electricity and to minimize or cutouts electric bills. I had also installed solar panel at my home and i want to make frame for solar panel. Please anyone here can provide me guidance for making solar panel frame at home.
dabbstaylor
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar panel frame

Postby dabbstaylor » Mon 05 Mar, 2012 22:55

really interesting thread about solar panel frame. I was just surfing net and found this thread.
awesome

Re: Solar panel frame

Postby awesome » Sat 24 Jun, 2017 09:21

Wonderful replies jackasses.

Depending on the weight of the panels when full and what you want to do, a 2x4 wood frame with 2x2 cross beams should generally be strong enough and light enough to move about.

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”