solar newbie

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Tobias

solar newbie

Postby Tobias » Sun 23 Aug, 2009 09:16

There are some good buys on Sunheater solar panels right now and I'd like to give them a try.

Has anyone had experience installing inground pool solar panels?

I've got a bunch of questions:

Our pool is 20x40, we live in the NY Southern tier, and have a large open area facing south. According to the different websites, we need 4-2x20'. Is that correct or overkill?

Using a Hayward Super pump, will that be enough to pump 4-2x20' panels plus the Hayward DE filter? How do you figure this out?

Do they need to be above pool level which means scaffolding, or can they be propped up vertically on the ground?

How far away can they be located from, the pool.

Thanks for any info.

Hume

FPH

solar newbie

Postby FPH » Sat 05 Sep, 2009 19:51

There are some good buys on Sunheater solar panels right now and I'd like to give them a try.
A VERY LOW END PRODUCT THAT ARE SHORTLIVED ESPECIALLY IN COLD WEATHER CLIMATES.

Has anyone had experience installing inground pool solar panels?
A PROPER INGROUND/ONGROUND--WITH OR WITHOUT A RACKING SYSTEM WILL WORK WELL. A TOP QUALITY PRODUCT THAT CLEARLY WARRANTIES FREEZE DAMAGE WILL LAST FOR MANY YEARS. MOST INSTALLATIONS CAN ALSO BE BROKEN DOWN TO STORE INDOORS.

I've got a bunch of questions:

Our pool is 20x40, we live in the NY Southern tier, and have a large open area facing south. According to the different websites, we need 4-2x20'. Is that correct or overkill?
I AM IN THIS BUSINESS OVER 20 YEARS AND THE VERY BEST PERFORMING SYSTEMS ARE ABOUT 100% COVERAGE 800SQ.FT POOL 800 SQ FT COLLECTOR SURFACE AREA. IN WARMER CLIMATES WHERE THERE IS A GREAT PANEL EXPOSURE AS LITTLE AS 70% WILL DO A GREAT JOB. MOST EXPECTATIONS ARE TO ADD 10-12 DEGREES OR MORE. 70%-100% IS WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED TO MEET OR EXCEED THIS EXPECTATION.

THE LOCATION-LESS RETAIL WEBSITES ARE IN THE BUSINESS OF SELLING GOODS, NOT PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. THE 160 SQ FT THEY RECOMMEND IS A "DROP IN THE BUCKET"

Using a Hayward Super pump, will that be enough to pump 4-2x20' panels plus the Hayward DE filter? How do you figure this out?WHAT HORSEPOWER PUMP ? HAYWARD SUPERPUMP IS A VERY GOOD SOLAR PUMP ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NOT PUMPING UP A STORY OR TWO TO A ROOF TOP.

IF THE RUN FROM THE PUMP THROUGH THE FILTER AND PANELS IS 100 FT OR SO THIS WILL WORK WELL. NOTE IF YOU USE THIS TYPE OF PANEL ( RUBBER ROLL OUT RATHER THAN A QUALITY POLYPROPELYNE 4X10 OR 4X12 )THE ALL THE PANELS COMBINED WILL BE 20 FT NOT 20 FT PER PANEL.

Do they need to be above pool level which means scaffolding, or can they be propped up vertically on the ground? NO NEED FOR THESE TO BE ABOVE, BELOW, OR ANY HEIGHT LEVEL RESTRICTIONS.

How far away can they be located from, the pool. THESE CAN BE AS FAR FROM THE POOL AS YOU HAVE HORSEPOWER PUMP.

Thanks for any info. REACH ME ANYTIME DENNIS@POOLHEAT(DOT)COM
POOLHEAT(DOT)COM

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”