Pool Heaters - what brand to buy?

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
Blowout
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 38x16 plaster with attached 5.5x7 SPA
pentair intelliflow, Aquabot Turbo T
Currently under remodel
New Waterways 525 cartridge filter, Heater TBD

Postby Blowout » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 15:58

Pool Heat Expert wrote:Jandy Legacy LRZ models are the best in my opinion. I run the largest and oldest company in the swimming pool capitol in the USA-- FLORIDA

I am in business 22 years and am a national vendor with over 20,000 happy customers approximately 1500 are gas customers

Anything I can do JUST ASK ! :D

Would you recommend the Cupro Nickle heat exchanger for longevity?

Also what is the difference between the LXi and the LXZ? I haven't been able to determine the difference from the manuals.

I'm thinking of the LXZ 333k NG. I have 1 1/4" gas line over a 80' distance to the meter. I don't think a 400k will work.

Edit: Didn't realize how old this thread was... :oops:

Postby Guest » Mon 24 Dec, 2012 09:33

karencoleman wrote:You can try Jandy Pool Heaters or Legacy Pool Heaters. Those are the best brand for me. I tested it by myself and I am using it for a couple of months. I suggest you to buy swimming pool heater products that are really good and has a good features.

Thanks,
Karen
preeti22
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby preeti22 » Wed 23 Jan, 2013 05:12

Gas heating is the fastest and most economical way to heat your pool and spa.
Viron Gas Heater is one that uses revolutionary technology to heat your pool quickly and accurately to the temperature you select.
I always prefer Gas heaters.
markwimbush

Postby markwimbush » Thu 21 Feb, 2013 21:42

I run a HVAC refrigeration service company specializing in pool heaters and pool control systems. We are factory sevice reps for Jandy, Pentair, Dry-o-tron, Poolpak, Titan and Trinity. We have over 5000 repeat resdiential and commercial pool customers in southern Ontario.

I will say here what I tell all of my customers when asked this question:
Every pool heater has issues. A pool heater is expected to sit outside all winter, operate in ambient temperatures ranging from freezing cold to rain forest conditions, with uncertain water flow and corrosive water conditions. Gas pressures are unknown. Installation is often peformed by unqualified people.
Many pool heaters use the same internal components. There are only a couple of manufacturers of gas valves, and gas train components. The steel comes from the same steel mill.

The real issue for me is: what happens when the pool heater I just sold fails? Will the manufacturer stand behind their product.

Try and get warranty out of many of the manufacturers. Good luck! They will warranty the part not the labour. or they will expect you to remove the part, ship it to them, so they can analyse it, and then decide.
My favourite one is where they authorize a warranty repair, which Is performed, and then they change their mind, sticking you for the bill.

In my opinion I only recommend Jandy or Pentair. In my experience, in the southern Ontario market, they stand behind their products, almost unconditionally. Dont get me wrong, nothing isperfect, but when it fails and you call for service, they send someone to fix it, no charge. What more could you ask for?
markwimbush

Postby markwimbush » Thu 21 Feb, 2013 22:00

Would you recommend the Cupro Nickle heat exchanger for longevity?

Unless there is a model I dont know about, neither of these heaters come with a CuproNickle heat exchanger. It is only available on the Hi-E2

Also what is the difference between the LXi and the LXZ? I haven't been able to determine the difference from the manuals.

The two models are the LXI, and the LRZ

the LRZ comes in 125, 175, 250, 325 and 400. It is a higher efficiency rated version of the old Teledyne Laars heater. This is an atmospheric burner...which means that the hot air from the flame rises up from the burner naturally due to convection. There is no fan assist.
The Lxi comes in 250 300 or 400. It has much higher efficiency ratings and a more compacted design. It is fan assisted, which essentially sucks the hot fumes through the coil and blows them from the heater.

I'm thinking of the LXZ 333k NG. I have 1 1/4" gas line over a 80' distance to the meter. I don't think a 400k will work.

There is not a model LXZ 333k NG, the 333 size is a Pentair size, found on their Max-e-therm heater.

[/quote]
Nj pool guy

Postby Nj pool guy » Sun 12 May, 2013 07:00

In my experience as a small pool service company I have never seen a more reliable pool heater than a Raypack. Raypack is made by the Rheem company that has surpassed everyone in reliability. Remember unlike Hayward or Pentair Rheem makes mostly boilers hot water heaters and furnaces. If their products don't work they are out of business unlike the major pool brands who have other products to keep them afloat.
mOHAMED pUNJANI

Postby mOHAMED pUNJANI » Wed 04 Sep, 2013 12:11

Mike G wrote:When choosing the right type of pool heater for your needs there are many factors to be considered...

Choose a quality brand of pool heating system that suits your budget
- Which energy to choose
- How to size your heating equipment
- How to save money
- Brands of heating equipment:

Firstly consider the brand of the heater, is it a major well known brand or a imported copy.
- Does the heater come with a warranty?
- Does the manufacturer have a service agent in your area?
- Are spare parts available for the equipment?
- Can you contact the seller to sort out installation problems?
- Will the installer be able to fine tune the equipment?
- Will the installer give you instruction on how to operate your heater?

Types of Pool Heating
- Gas
- Electric (element type)
- Electric (heat pump)
- Solar
mao
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18000lt fiberglass pool, Davey pump and filter

Postby mao » Sat 21 Dec, 2013 02:29

I have a 2 lite and it's only 3 years old. I must say the heater was a beauty when it first arrived. Because I run a B&B, Zodiac consider me as commercial used and only warranty the heater for one year. the heater broke down the second year. Zodiac does not have their own service dept and uses contactors and they only have a few of them and worst of all none of them wants to travel. With frustration i actually replace the heater with another brand of heater who has their own servicing department. I would still buy Zodiac heater if they have their own servicing dept in the future because they are very efficient but right now my lite 2 is a $5000 eyesore sitting in my garage.
americanbest
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby americanbest » Thu 10 Apr, 2014 12:39

you can buy American best pool supply , best price and good service :mrgreen:

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”