Pentair minimax intermittent blower

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
reddiamond
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby reddiamond » Fri 12 Mar, 2010 19:20

i have a customers minimax nt model 400 dv that the blower intermittently comes on and goes off while the pump is running. it has been in there for about 6yrs now and working great. i have tried replacing the module and that did not fix it. the pool has a goldline controller. i have put that to heater manual off. and that did not stop it. the only way i can stop the problem is to shut off the heater on its front panel. i called goldline and they say it is with the heater. pentair says the module is bad, but that didn't fix the problem. :wtf:

Pool Clown
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: Uses a Chlorine generator, not a Salt Water Generator (SWG).

Postby Pool Clown » Sat 13 Mar, 2010 01:55

Disconnect the wire that the automation uses to turn the heater on, and connect those wires together (heater side). Then run (or not run) the heater by turning the thermostat on the heater all the way down. Hopefully, the water isn't colder than the lowest setting on the heater.
Factory warranty service for Pentair, Jandy, Raypak, Polaris, and Paramount pool cleaning systems.
reddiamond
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby reddiamond » Sat 13 Mar, 2010 16:35

i tried that. the problem is the water is colder then the lowest setting. i am hoping that this warmer weather will warm the water up enough to try that again on monday

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”