Solar panels & hurricanes in S. Florida

Electric heaters, gas heaters, heat pumps,
solar heaters, geothermal heating, solar pool
covers and wood-burning pool heating equipment.
FL50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Solar panels & hurricanes in S. Florida

Postby FL50 » Fri 16 Jun, 2006 11:39

Ok, I've bought my pump and I'm getting ready to hire a guy to install my solar panels for $75/ each. With the hurricane season under way, would I be smart in waiting until November to install them? How durable are these things under high winds? And also, what sort of leaks in my roof am I looking at? I see many solar heaters on roofs down here in Ft. Lauderdale, so I have to imagine that there is someway to install these things without them blowing away and ripping holes in my roof.

I appreciate all comments and recomendations!!

Postby Guest » Wed 28 Jun, 2006 17:35

just all depends on how the panels are installed. everyone has there own way of installing panels... on tile people just use tapcons into the tile, and others lay out aluminum that are anchored into the roof and through the tile.. it just all depends on the instllation of the panels as far as them blowing away..
Dennis Oldgeezer

Pool Solar

Postby Dennis Oldgeezer » Sat 08 Jul, 2006 16:14

Feel free to reach me with your questions

As far as the price you mention< it would be VERY unlikely if you were to get a top quality installation

best of luck

Dennis Oldgeezer
Pool Heating
Nicole

Pool Heater

Postby Nicole » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 16:11

The other posters are correct it does depend on the brand of solar you are going to install.

Our company is one of the leading dealers of Solar Systems. It is the ONLY solar panel in the industry that does not require multiple 'hurricane straps' across the panel to hold the panel to the roof to meet the 2003 FLORIDA WIND LOADING CODE. Solar Panels Survive Category 4 Hurricanes with winds in excess of 145 mph.

We have been in the pool heating business for over nineteen years, and would be more than happy to get you info or answer any of questions, Please feel free.

Nicole
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Mon 06 Aug, 2007 18:56

I would suggest not going with ANYONE who feels they must spam an online forum for business.

If your not going to actually answer someones questions and just say "Contact me"...your just damn rude. :roll:
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.
Chet

solar panels and storms

Postby Chet » Fri 29 Feb, 2008 16:23

You may want to look into other alternative methods to heat your swimming pool. No matter how good of quality of an installation you have. You are subject to high winds ripping the panels off your home. I was going to install panels 3 years ago but seeing what happen to my neighbors home there is absolutely no way will I ever install them.

I suggest sticking with a heat pump or something in that direction.
baseball

Pool Solar

Postby baseball » Tue 23 Jun, 2009 21:28

Dennis Olmezer wrote:Feel free to reach me with your questions

As far as the price you mention< it would be VERY unlikely if you were to get a top quality installation

best of luck

Dennis Olmezer
Pool Heating
baseball

Pool Solar

Postby baseball » Tue 23 Jun, 2009 21:29

Dennis Olmezer wrote:Feel free to reach me with your questions

best of luck

Dennis Olmezer
Pool Heating

Return to “Solar & Pool Heaters”