Cellulose fiber question

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
malashev11
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30k gallons. FNS60 filter with a 3/4 HP pump same brand. Main drain is closed off, only skimmer is operational.

Cellulose fiber question

Postby malashev11 » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 20:39

Hi,

I am new to pool ownership and so far its been pretty difficult to figure things out. I decided to switch from DE to cellulose fiber mostly because i have dogs and when i backwash I dont want DE in the backyard. I followed instructions exactly by breaking filter down and cleaning it very well before switching to cellulose fiber. I expected to see pressure increase (normally about 3-5 pounds) but it actually got lower and few days later pool started to get cloudy and greener. I broke filter down again and saw something i kind of thought i would. Fiber was not evenly spread across the membranes. There were huge gaps where there was no fiber at all and in some areas there were huge blobs of it. Can anyone tell me what i did wrong? I poured fiber slowly into the skimmer 15 cups worth that it came with.

Thank you.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Cellulose fiber question

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 10 Apr, 2017 04:04

HI
There appears to be a problem with fiber check out this linkhttps://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/125067-Cellulose-fiber-in-DE-filter

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”