Pool Proposal Cost Question

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
blueman

Pool Proposal Cost Question

Postby blueman » Wed 06 Dec, 2017 18:47

Hello, New to the forum, have a quick question.

I am working with a Landscape Designer and GC to build a pool and patio in my back yard. I am curious if anyone can browse this proposed pool and give me an idea of a ballpark +- 5k of what you think it will cost.

Also looking for quality of the ingredients listed..

Thanks

POOL DESIGN The Pool designs calls for a rectangular shaped pool with the end wall of the pool will be exposed bond beam for elevation changes is finished my masonry.

DIG AND FORM: Complete excavation of the swimming pool. Hand shaped and graded in preparation for steel reinforcement and shotcrete. Exact level and elevations set according to plans. Complete forming of the bond beam with Masonite forms, double staked to maintain integrity. All excess dirt from the excavation process will be removed.

POOL PLUMBING: Plumbing lines for (1 surface skimmers, (3) return lines, (1) automatic pool cleaner line, Dual main drains in pool. All plumbing lines will be 2” Schedule 40 PVC pipe. All plumbing lines will be pressurized on completion and maintained throughout construction. Proposal includes a distance of 50’ from skimmer to equipment.

STEEL REINFORCEMENT: Steel reinforcement tied with 3/8” and 1/2” steel on twelve- inch centers. Six-inch centers on the break to the deep end. All steelwork elevated per code by concrete bricks, leveled and pinned.

ELECTRICAL: The Steel will be properly bonded (grounded) with all required inspections. 50’ Electrical service from the exterior meter box to the equipment is included. ** Does not include Panel Changes or additional Sub Panels if necessary. No Gas service from the meter to the equipment is included. ** Your Gas Meter may need to be upgraded to accommodate the additional 400,000 BTU needed for the pool/spa heater. This is done through your gas provider, please contact them for details.

POOL SHELL: Air placed (Shotcrete) concrete shell consisting of quality controlled- minimum 4000-PSI concrete ready mix. Cut to forms for a 12” x 12” bond beam, 6” walls and 6” floor. All concrete cut, hand shaped and HAND FLOATED for maximum strength and superior finish

WATER LINE TILE: Water line tile in the pool will be 6 x 6 frost proof tile. This proposal allows for $8.00 per square foot tile cost using standard porcelain or stone Tile. Installation costs of glass mosaic are additional based on the individual tile.

POOL SHELL PREPARATION: Prior to the finish plaster coat, all plumbing lines will be sealed at pool shell with high quality hydraulic cement, the entire concrete pool shell will be pressure washed to ensure maximum adhesion of the plaster coat. Additionally, all raised areas will be properly waterproofed to prevent water damage and efflorescence on stone work, tile etc.

INTERIOR FINISH: Pebble Tec Standard or Upgrade Color Plaster finish will be used. Optional Premium color pricing is available. Only Pebble Tec carries a FIFTEEN YEAR FACTORY WARRANTY against defects in both materials and workmanship. Please visit http://www.pebbletec.com

PROPOSED POOL EQUIPMENT
Pentair T100 Sand Filter 1HP Challenger Pump Intermatic Dual Time Clock with Freeze Protection Intermatic Timer for Lights 110volt Convenience Outlet Auto Fill Unit Polaris 280 Automatic Pool Cleaner with Booster Pump Sidewall Rainwater Overflo (1) Sta-Rite Commercial Grade U3 Surface Skimmers (2) 500w Pool Light Deluxe Maintenance Tools Chemical Package Including Salt

START UP: The pool will be filled with your water, the equipment checked and started, and water chemistry balanced and sanitize.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool Proposal Cost Question

Postby Teapot » Fri 08 Dec, 2017 04:20

Sorry can't help with the overall cost being in another country but the the proposed pool equipment without knowing the size of the pool is tricky to. I would personally go with 2 T60 filters as that gives a greater surface area for filtration, is easier to place neatly on the pad and if they are valved off individually easier to back wash 1 at a time for a better backwash. Use Activate glass filtration media from Dryden Aqua, it's better than sand and pretty much anything else.

Forget the 1 HP pump and go with a variable speed, it will save you a lot more in the long run. I don't like automatic cleaners, do a much better job in a fraction of the time by myself and it's a great way to wind down at the end of the day. Number of skimmers x2, depends on the size of the pool as will the number of returns. Go LED for lighting, they outlast 500w halogens and cost a fraction to run.
paulr33
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Fibreglass Salt Water Pool, 45k litres

Postby paulr33 » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 05:38

I am in Australia and that pool setup fully supplied and installed inc all regulatory sign off’s such as certificate of compliance would be approx $60k AUD.

Is there a reason you want concrete? I was keen on concrete until I learnt about the cost difference and it’s harder to maintain a concrete pool vs fibreglass.
Glen123
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 1 yard, brick type, white surface, quality pump and filter.

Postby Glen123 » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 06:36

paulr33 wrote:I am in Australia and that pool setup fully supplied and installed inc all regulatory sign off’s such as certificate of compliance would be approx $60k AUD.

Is there a reason you want concrete? I was keen on concrete until I learnt about the cost difference and it’s harder to maintain a concrete pool vs fibreglass.

Also, I've heard that concrete pools are colder as compared to fiberglass pools, You may require heating as well then.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 09 Jan, 2018 07:32

Before considering heating, consider insulating the pool structure. Insulating behind a gunite pool can mean a considerable thermal mass to keep the pool warm on cooler days. Other types like panel and fiberglass also get good benefits in energy saving they can mean days without the heating being used at all.

Biggest issue with fibreglass pools is the position of skimmers and inlets is generally fixed in the factory for everyone. The best position for these to allow the best water circulation still hasn't been realised by the manufacturers who use the same molds they have used for half a century.
paulr33
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Fibreglass Salt Water Pool, 45k litres

Postby paulr33 » Sat 13 Jan, 2018 20:31

yeah in Australia, most pools are quoted with solar heating included in the price so we're pretty lucky. ive seen our pool go from 23 (C) to 29 (C) in a day of running the solar heating so its pretty efficient and sucks all the heat off the roof and into the pool.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Teapot » Sun 14 Jan, 2018 05:29

Quite a bit of temperature difference between Brooklyn and Melbourne Lol.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”