Things you wish you had done before installing pool coping.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Under Construction
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16' x 40' fiberglass pool. 8' deep. Cartridge filter. Variable speed pump.

Things you wish you had done before installing pool coping.

Postby Under Construction » Fri 07 May, 2021 01:38

We are in the process of having an in-ground fiberglass pool installed and we are close to needing to install the coping which will be poured concrete. Because I have no idea what I don't know I'm wondering what I should be thinking about now so I won't have regrets later. I'm wondering if I should do something like have metal or PVC sleeves in a few places so I can insert a pool umbrella for shade and move it to different places. Will I wish that I had prepared to use swim tethers or something like that? If I later decide to add a basketball hoop off the side of the shallow end will I wish that I had already placed a couple of 2-inch sleeves in the coping 24 inches apart because that is the industry standard for swimming pool basketball hoop designs? (I have no idea if there is an industry standard. I'm just making up stuff that I don't know about.)

Does anyone have advice for things they wished they had planned ahead for instead of retrofitting it after the fact? We already "pre-plumbed" for a pool slide by stubbing up a water supply pipe out of the ground. Now it's almost time to pour concrete.

-Jared

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”