cheap home swim tank

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
healthy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Small home lap swim stationary

cheap home swim tank

Postby healthy » Sun 12 Dec, 2021 22:16

I have no pool knowledge Thank you for any advise.
I have a stationary swim belt bungi cord type devise that holds swimmer in place tethered. I have never tested it.
I thought maybe I could install a small pool indoors and get my lap swim exercise with this stationary tether belt.
I don't know what all is involved like water heater, cleaning system, chemicals, other stuff ?
Thanks for any help on this project idea or advise on the right way to do a home lap swim type project.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: cheap home swim tank

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 13 Dec, 2021 02:18

First consideration is the weight of the swim tank. 1m3 of water weighs 1 ton so a tank 1.5m wide x 2m long and 1.5m deep will weigh 4.5 tons so can your floor take the load?
Yes you will need a pump, filter, heater and some chlorine, also because of the additional humidity in the building some air handing equipment to remove water vapour.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
mknmike
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mknmike » Tue 14 Dec, 2021 15:39

One of my neighbors has one of these in her basement.

https://www.endlesspools.com

They had to assemble it indoors after getting the pieces in through a bilco door.
healthy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby healthy » Tue 14 Dec, 2021 21:46

Thanks for advise.
I just want to lap swim at home.
What should I invest in ?
Are any of the jet type swim in place pools a good deal ? My electric power supply is a little weak though for this.
Is there any other options ?
I have a cement floor garage space sealed up well for heat that I would use.
Thanks. I also want a home sauna. I need to understand what is right choice on that next. Just a one person unit.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 15 Dec, 2021 04:34

Most of these jet pools are power hungry as moving that amount of water that quickly to produce a realistic water current is hard. There are plenty out there that look like they can do it in adverts but in reality they produce a flow you feel on the top of your head (because its in the direct flow) but the rest of the body isn't so not gaining the restistance you are looking for in a training session.
There are some of course that work very well, one springs to mind but the name escapes me for now, it also may not be available where you are its a turbine motor really good water flow at a lower energy level than a big pump. I saw this in a trade show, I have the information filed away and at the moment very busy with our loft so cant spare the time to search it out let alone move everything to find it. I remember the cost of around £5000.
Your training strap does a good job for no electrical energy but not as much fun.
If you are going to spend big bucks, insist on trying them out.
Here's one from youtube to demonstrate, I see there are more on the market now, turbine driven not noisy inefficient pump that doesnt work well like the Speck Badu swim jet.
https://youtu.be/edTCUolgT64
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
mknmike
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mknmike » Wed 15 Dec, 2021 08:30

Outboard boat motor strapped to the end of the pool? :)
healthy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby healthy » Thu 13 Jan, 2022 17:15

mknmike wrote:Outboard boat motor strapped to the end of the pool? :)

Does that work ?
I still don't know what to do or who to deal with local store or websites ?
I want to get a above ground pool to put on my indoor garage cement floor so I can swim against my stationary belt strap cord.
I don't have any pool knowledge.
Thanks to anyone that can help get me going.
mknmike
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mknmike » Thu 13 Jan, 2022 17:47

healthy wrote:
mknmike wrote:Outboard boat motor strapped to the end of the pool? :)

Does that work ?

I was joking. So I’m pretty sure that’s a “no”.
healthy
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby healthy » Thu 03 Feb, 2022 21:11

I need a water heater, I prefer a 110 plug outlet electric. Or what all options are possible ?

I have a indoor above ground 18x9, 4500 gallon pool inside a 80* F temp room, but the water temp is 60*F.

I need a heat retain cover also.

Thanks for any advice.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 17:32

Install a heat pump. A normal 110v plug in woudn't heat much and would be expensive to run
Charles William
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 25 yards (SCY-short course yards), 25 metres (SCM-short course metres) or 50 metres (long course).

Postby Charles William » Fri 04 Feb, 2022 23:41

Hey guys, I didn't know anything about swimming either. But I get into swimming a lot. I have decided to buy a swimming pool for my home. Did you know the cheap swim tank? Please answer me.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”