Watermiad salt water chlorinator

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
hbdiver
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 14,000 gal 30mm vinyl in ground pool. 40 years old on my 6th liner. Installed last one on June 1 2011. Have a cartridge filter system with an [APURE1400]Jandy® AquaPure Salt Water Chlorination System (Up to 40000 gals). 1hp pool motor.

Watermiad salt water chlorinator

Postby hbdiver » Sun 27 Nov, 2011 16:53

I just completed a year using the [APURE1400]Jandy® AquaPure Salt Water Chlorination System
(Up to 40000 gals). I installed it my self, very simple. My pool is only 14,000 gallons.
This has been the most carefree summer I have had in 40 years. I had to replace the liner in May 2011, not related to the salt system, or my costs would have been much less than the years before the salt system. I still check my PH and CL once a week but alkalinity, cyanuric acid and calcium once a month. I run my pool 8 hours in the summer, ave 78 degree water, and 5 hours in the winter average temp in winter about 56 degrees.
I did buy 3 gallons of acid because I read that I would be using a lot to keep my pool stable. I still have 1 quart left after a year.
I do use my pool in the winter, I teach SCUBA diving classes in it and it must pass the health inspection.
I guess I haven't had the experience of 16 years above or none as those that don't have a salt system, but I will report back here next year with a follow up on costs and any unexpected crisis that may occur.
I am totally satisfied with my salt system!

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”