Backwashing

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
liketoswim

Backwashing

Postby liketoswim » Thu 02 Feb, 2012 06:04

Hi, i live in thaland, where it is very difficult to get advice that is correct. My pool system comprises of pump, sand filter. I have three valves. Surge tank, Main drain and vacuum. The pool company which installed my pool told me that to Backwash the filter, the main drain, surge tank and vacuum valves must be closed otherwise the the system will be damaged. However a different pool company told me that to Backwash, main drain and vacuum valves must be closed but the surge tank valve must be open otherwise the system will be damaged. If someone could give me the correct advice it would be much appreciated!
thanks Jim

rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Backwashing

Postby rosalind » Thu 24 May, 2012 00:26

liketoswim wrote:Hi, i live in thaland, where it is very difficult to get advice that is correct. My pool system comprises of pump, sand filter. I have three valves. Surge tank, Main drain and vacuum. The pool company which installed my pool told me that to Backwash the filter, the main drain, surge tank and vacuum valves must be closed otherwise the the system will be damaged. However a different pool company told me that to Backwash, main drain and vacuum valves must be closed but the surge tank valve must be open otherwise the system will be damaged. If someone could give me the correct advice it would be much appreciated!
thanks Jim

Well, Services which is used only with Sand filtration is Backwashing. When the pressure evaluate indicates a stress increase of 8 - 10 lbs above the fresh start-up, or when circulation amount is considerably decreased, your narrow is filthy and you need to backwash your share narrow.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”