How to fix leak in spa waterfall.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
shellprompt
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15,000 gallon in ground pool with spa / waterfall features. Jandy Stealth pump and cartridge filter

Postby shellprompt » Thu 02 Feb, 2012 23:01

hello all,

I am new to pools, but have a leak under my spa waterfall into the main pool. the spa is a pebbletec surface, with a natural stone ledge for the waterfall. the water is dropping in the spa to the level just below the stone waterfall ledge, leaking under the stone.

what is the best thing to use under the edge of the stone to seal it? I cannot afford to remove the stone to regrout it (and it would likely break).

thanks for the input.

BudgetPoolCare
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby BudgetPoolCare » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 03:38

you can use a two part epoxy... but it will look ugly because it sets in a white colour or sometimes a grey.
other option is let the surface dry and use kitchen/bathroom silicon.
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Postby rosalind » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 00:31

shellprompt wrote:hello all,

I am new to pools, but have a leak under my spa waterfall into the main pool. the spa is a pebbletec surface, with a natural stone ledge for the waterfall. the water is dropping in the spa to the level just below the stone waterfall ledge, leaking under the stone.

what is the best thing to use under the edge of the stone to seal it? I cannot afford to remove the stone to regrout it (and it would likely break).

thanks for the input.

Alienate your waterfall and pump all of the water out of the pond. Enable it to carefully dry. Immerse your sponge with abrade alcohol and softly clean any batter areas.
TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Mon 04 Jun, 2012 13:25

Our company has been using this product to fix skimmer leaks that occur near the gunite and fill in waterfall rock gaps.
http://www.quikrete.com/productlines/ConcreteRepair.asp

Epoxy will work for a while, however with seasonal weather fluctuations, expanding and contracting, tends to wiggle itself loose and leak again.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”