Pool Filter and Pump

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Azum
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: No sure approximately 18 feet, sand filters

Pool Filter and Pump

Postby Azum » Tue 21 Feb, 2012 04:22

Good Day,

I am new here and hope to get some assistance: We have Davis and Shirtliff sand filter and pump:

On the gauge of the filter there is back wash, rinse, close etc.. except vacuum i position the gauge at filter and tried vacuuming but there is hardly any pressure to vacuum:

We have 4 valves going into the wall and fifth one is for the waste. Please advise which valve should be closed and which one should be open while vacuuming. Is it possible to use the skimmers to attach the vacuum hose to vacuum??

Thanks

williepee5660

Pool Filter and Pump

Postby williepee5660 » Fri 09 Mar, 2012 11:09

If you have more than one skimmer, close off the valves to all the skimmers except the one you hook up the vacuum hose to. Use the skimmer closest to the pump. Try to net out most of the leaves first as too many leaves may cause a clog. Make sure you empty all the skimmer baskets and the basket at the pump.
ch

Guide to Automatic In-ground Pool Cleaners

Postby ch » Tue 20 Mar, 2012 13:16

Maintaining your in-ground pool is an important part of ensuring safe swimming, and is also important for protecting your investment. Pool maintenance can seem like a chore at times and this can take away from the enjoyment you experience. Manual pool cleaning is time consuming and laborious which is why many pool owners invest in an automatic pool cleaner. Automatic pool cleaners have been around for decades and the technological advances in in-ground pool cleaners make them very efficient cleaners. An automatic in-ground pool cleaner helps you spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it. You’ll notice clearer water that is free of algae and contaminants making swimming safer as well as more pleasurable.

http://www.seasonalworld.com
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Guide to Automatic In-ground Pool Cleaners

Postby rosalind » Sat 19 May, 2012 00:14

ch wrote:Maintaining your in-ground pool is an important part of ensuring safe swimming, and is also important for protecting your investment. Pool maintenance can seem like a chore at times and this can take away from the enjoyment you experience. Manual pool cleaning is time consuming and laborious which is why many pool owners invest in an automatic pool cleaner. Automatic pool cleaners have been around for decades and the technological advances in in-ground pool cleaners make them very efficient cleaners. An automatic in-ground pool cleaner helps you spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it. You’ll notice clearer water that is free of algae and contaminants making swimming safer as well as more pleasurable.

http://www.seasonalworld.com

Automatic pool cleaners perform on a identical concept to the personally operated edition, except they perform on mains power and they do the job much quicker and more scrupulously.
cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Pool Filter and Pump

Postby cpo2go » Sun 20 May, 2012 14:13

If closing the other skimmer lines doesn't help enough, try backwashing first. You can also vacuum to "Waste" but you will need to replace the water and re-adjust the chemicals when you are done. This is not the best solution but it will get things cleaned up.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
rosalind
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Private pool with 3.7 × 7.3 m

Pool Filter and Pump

Postby rosalind » Mon 21 May, 2012 06:27

cpo2go wrote:If closing the other skimmer lines doesn't help enough, try backwashing first. You can also vacuum to "Waste" but you will need to replace the water and re-adjust the chemicals when you are done. This is not the best solution but it will get things cleaned up.

Well, I am agree with cpo2go, try backwashing.The real backwashing procedure should be accomplished when the functional stress of your program has improved. The time frame that you backwash for is determined by how filthy the narrow is.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”