Newbe looking for advice

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
RESCUE-K9
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' round
Haywood cartridge filter 150Sq F
two speed pump

Newbe looking for advice

Postby RESCUE-K9 » Sun 10 Jun, 2012 20:26

Im putting up a 27' round 52 deep pool next week what are to feelings on a water delivery to fill it verses jut the garden hose. This is my first "real" pool I have only had the 15' foot 40 inch with the blow up ring on top and that one takes a day and a half to fill via the hose. I live in the Plainfield IL. area

RESCUE-K9
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27' round
Haywood cartridge filter 150Sq F
two speed pump

Newbe looking for advice

Postby RESCUE-K9 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 14:44

So almost 300 people read it and no one has any advice?
TSH Tech

Newbe looking for advice

Postby TSH Tech » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 00:26

If the garden hose water is deep well water and has complications with water hardness/minerals, delivered water may be the best option. Hard mineral water takes the fun out of pool ownership by playing havoc with pool chemicals.
PoolDad
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15x36 Intex

Newbe looking for advice

Postby PoolDad » Sat 30 Jun, 2012 21:24

I'm all but certain the original poster has filled their pool one way or another, however I'll give my two cents worth anyway...

After filling a 2400 gallon pool from a hose, with what I'll call moderately hard water. My pool is just now 'clear' , I've been changing the filter daily ( cartridge ) and cleaning the rust from it for a week now. Spending time getting TA down from 300 to 180, and all that kind of fun stuff...

If I were filling anything much bigger then 5000 Gallons, I would seriously consider having some better water delivered, rather then dealing with hard well water.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”