New pool with minor problem.

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
BillDana
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground, aprox 25 by 45 pool size. haywood c-1100 filter, magnetek centery pump.

Postby BillDana » Sat 22 Jun, 2013 15:15

My mom now lives in a house that has an inground pool. i am tring very hard to help her with getting the pool running right. first we cleaned out the sand and dirt just so we can clean it. now its full of cloudy water the cloudy part is from dead algee. when we where running the pool water thrue the pipes it had pressure now my my mom is playing with the air release valve and we now have too much air. is it coming from the air valve. or could there be a problem else where that could not show up unless we have a blockage?

Addz

Postby Addz » Thu 10 Oct, 2013 03:51

BillDana wrote:My mom now lives in a house that has an inground pool. i am tring very hard to help her with getting the pool running right. first we cleaned out the sand and dirt just so we can clean it. now its full of cloudy water the cloudy part is from dead algee. when we where running the pool water thrue the pipes it had pressure now my my mom is playing with the air release valve and we now have too much air. is it coming from the air valve. or could there be a problem else where that could not show up unless we have a blockage?

Ill try to translate that to an answer as best as I can.

If its a sand filter, It probably needs a sand change. TBH, get your local pool professional out there.
CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Thu 10 Oct, 2013 09:53

Hi Bill,

Addz' advice is solid - Your best bet is to have a local tech come out and give the pool a good once over. They can explain how everything works, and inspect the pool and equipment for any issues that need to be corrected.

-CG
Fun in the Sun
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby Fun in the Sun » Sun 13 Apr, 2014 11:35

You really need to seek professional help if you have trouble with your pool. It is hard to assume if you don't know anything about it. Sometimes it will save you more if you ask for professional help than try to figure out the solution yourself. There might be some materials that needs cleaning or replacement for your pool to be awesome again.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”