Deciding on what kind of pool to get

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
TB

Deciding on what kind of pool to get

Postby TB » Wed 05 Jul, 2006 17:10

Hi,

Newbe here. We are looking at putting in an inground pool soon. I have looked at the Fiberglass pools and the liner pools. I hear good things about both and bad about both. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

PoolGuy
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient

Pool

Postby PoolGuy » Thu 06 Jul, 2006 16:55

Inground.
easy to fix does not take a lot of time,does not tear,rip,decay,our bleech out. sand fillter is one of the best ways,salt is the best for your pool. it makes your chlorine for you,all you do is add saly,it does coast to start one up,but will pay for itself in the long run.
Worked and Bulit Pools,For 23 Years
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 08:35

I would stay away from liner pools. We do nothing but gunite but I have heard bad and good for both gunite and fiberglass. Also we use nothing but DE filters at my company but I prefer sand, we also use the salt system for chlorine, it is expensive to start up but the water is better for sensitive skin and smell.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”