new pool and when can I swim

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
ralph

new pool and when can I swim

Postby ralph » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 12:34

Our in ground pool was just completed (cement with klearkrete). We know nothing about pools and the contractor is telling us we can't swim for 28 days. Others have told us that we can swim in 3 days. What is the truth? Thanks. Ralph

Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 13:52

I am not sure what klearcrete is, I would try and do some research on it. I know with our pools with aggregate finishes we fill them that day and 3 days is about right to start swimming in them. We don't put the mobile cleaners in until 30 days so the plaster can cure the whole way. We do an acid wash within 3 days of finishing a pool and you have to be sure the chemistry is were it is suppose to be. Sorry I couldn't help with the klearcrete issue.
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.
ralph

when can I swim

Postby ralph » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 15:18

Thanks for the response and I am sorry I mispoke. The aggregate finish is krystalkrete. Maybe that would help. They keep telling us we can't swim because it might damage the coating.
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Fri 07 Jul, 2006 20:55

I would contact the CLI distributor
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”